Celtic Fiddle Tunes for Solo and Ensemble - Viola, Violin 3 &
Viola/Violin 3 - Beginning-Intermediate
Ensemble Score. Composed by Craig Duncan. Saddle-stitched, Ensemble (Mixed). Celtic / Irish. Book. 80 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.99637).
Item Number: MB.99637
ISBN 9780786660834. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This collection contains 14 arrangements of 22 traditional tunes from Ireland and Scotland in a variety of styles including jigs, reels, hornpipes, slip jigs, strathspeys, waltzes and airs. The harmonies are written so that various combinations from solo instrument with piano, to duets and trios, to full string quartet/orchestra are possible. The viola book includes melody (solo) viola, viola harmony, third violin, and full score including violin, viola and cello parts with piano accompaniment. All of the Celtic Tunes for Solo and Ensemble books (Violin, Viola and Cello/Bass) are written as ensemble books, so they can be played as solo books or together as ensemble.
- Danny Boy
- Garry Owen - Merrily Kiss the Quaker
- Give Me Your Hand
- Guilderoy - Red- Haired Boy
- Harvest Home - Chief O'Neill's Favorite
- Irish Washerwoman - Swallowtail Jig
- Miss Mcleod's Reel
- Scotland the Brave
- Sporting Paddy - St. Ruth's Bush
- The Blarney Pilgrim - The Kesh Jig
- The Laird o'Drumblair - Angus Campbell
- The Mist Covered Mountain
- The Rocky Road to Dublin - Dublin Streets
- Will Ye No Come Back Again