There are currently no items in your cart.
Celtic Backup for All Instrumentalists composed by Chris Smith. For Guitar (Flatpicking). Squareback saddle-stitched, Methods. Celtic/Irish. Beginning-Intermediate. Book/CD Set. 104 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.97205BCD).
ISBN 9780786640652. Celtic/Irish. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This book teaches the most crucial function of a chord instrument in the Celtic seisun (session)- that of playing tasteful, interesting, imaginative, and supportive improvised accompaniment. Celtic Back-Up presents accurate and directly applicable information on the theory, conception, stylistic considerations, procedures, and resources for accompaniment. Every facet of seisun accompaniment is thoroughly explored. With this book you will come to understand why many of our Celtic authors are reluctant to suggest chord accompaniment with their melodies in the first place; the idea is to be open to fresh ideas and improvise the accompaniment as you go.
- Blarney Pilgrim
- Garrett Barry's
- Kesh (Kincora)
- The Salamanca
- The Banshee
- The Skylark
- Rolling Waves
- The Cliffs of Moher
- My Darling Asleep
- Ships Are Sailing
- Wind That Shakes The Barley
- Star Of Munster
- The Butterfly
- Dennis Ryan's
- The Glen Cottage
- The Britches Full Of Stitches
- Julia Delaney
- Mug Of Brown Ale
- Tar Road to Sligo
- Connaughtman's Rambles
- Boys Of Blue Hill
- Off To California
- Old Donegal Mazurka #1
- Old Donegal Mazurka #2
Celtic Backup for All Instrumentalists
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Celtic Backup for All Instrumentalists
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Flatpicking Guitar Sheet Music