There are currently no items in your cart.
Celebration Suite - I. Jig composed by Bob Brookmeyer. Professional Big Band. For Solo Baritone and Big Band. Grade 5. Full Score and Set of Parts. Published by Advance Music (AV.31008).
Celebration, a 4-movement suite, was written for and premiered by Gerry Mulligan at the Schleswig-Holstein Musik Festival in Lubeck, Germany in 1994. Recorded by Bob Brookmeyer and the New Art Orchestra on New Works (Challenge CHR 70066), featuring Scott Robinson, baritone sax. "The good will and beautiful playing of the musicians can not be described in words... just music. They have my eternal gratitude for making my life and music shine." Bob Brookmeyer Bob Brookmeyer (b. 1929) began writing music at age 14 and also began playing the valve trombone, arriving in NY in 1952. After joining Stan Getz in 1953, he replaced Chet Baker in the Gerry Mulligan Quartet, remaining with Mulligan for nine years, writing much of the music for the Concert Jazz Band. With Thad Jones-Mel Lewis, he wrote ABC Blues, Willow Weep For Me and St. Louis Blues, all seminal additions to the big band literature. After returning from California in 1978, he became Musical Director of the Mel Lewis Jazz Orchestra and wrote some of the finest music for that band including American Express, Ding Dong Ding, First Love Song, Hello and Goodbye, and Skylark. In the 1980s he wrote for both Jazz and Classical Orchestras and in 1994 formed the New Art Orchestra, an 18-piece ensemble of mainly European musicians. They have recorded two CDs for the Challenge label and commenced touring in 2001. A book on Composition is in the works and a DVD on Band Teaching is also planned. During the past decade, Brookmeyer has composed a diverse collection of jazz material, chamber music, and large orchestral works. Instrumentation: Solo Baritone, 4 Saxophones, Baritone Saxophone or Bass Clarinet, 3 Trumpets, 2 Flugelhorns, 4 Trombones, Percussion / Vibraphone, Synthesizer, Piano, Bass, Drums.
Celebration Suite - I. Jig
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Celebration Suite - I. Jig
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: Baritone Horn Sheet Music
Ensemble: Big Band Music
Level: Grade 5