There are currently no items in your cart.
Carnival of the Insects
Carnival of the Insects composed by Bruce Fraser. For concert band (1st Flute, 2nd Flute, Oboe*, 1st Bb Clarinet, 2nd Bb Clarinet, 3rd Bb Clarinet, Eb Alto Clarinet, Bb Bass Clarinet*, Bassoon*, 1st Eb Alto Saxophone*, 2nd Eb Alto Saxophone*, Bb Tenor Saxophone*, Eb Baritone Saxophone*, 1st Bb Trumpet, 2nd Bb Trumpet, 3rd). Band Music. Grade 3.5. Score and parts. Duration 8:30. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.R10238).
Inspired by Saint-Saens' Carnival of the Animals, this work depicts many of the insects we know and love using interesting effects like tapping small sticks. Bands may like to perform the Carnival as a complete suite or to play individual movements on their own.
Carnival of the Insects was commissioned by the National School Band Association and was first performed at the Scottish Festival organized by NSBA and Brian Duguid of West Lothian Arts on May 12, 2001. The music letters SBA were used to form the basis of the melodies to personalize the piece for the Association. (S can be Eb, B can be Bb using European note names.) The Carnival is inspired by Saint Saens "Carnival of the Animals" and derives a lot of the rhythmic structures from it. March of the Ants - The Thin Black Line The composer was reminded of a French holiday when a line of ants would march every night from the gate of the house, past the pool and up into the garden. Crickets and stick insects Here the composer remembered balmy Mediterranean nights and the sound of crickets. An interesting effect is to have small groups of players around the performance venue randomly tapping small sticks throughout this movement. Insectivores These are the creatures which eat insects and the music has a dramatic scary feel to it with a chase in the middle. Metamorphosis This is where the caterpillar changes into a butterfly. The Euphonium melody will strike the listener as being very similar to "The Elephant." The Bug Parade This is a grand finales where we can imagine many of the insects in a Disney-like parade. Bands may like to perform the Carnival as a complete suite or to play individual movements on their own.
Carnival of the Insects
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Carnival of the Insects
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
More by this Composer: Bruce Fraser Sheet Music Bruce Fraser Alto Saxophone Sheet Music Bruce Fraser B-Flat Trumpet Sheet Music Bruce Fraser Baritone Saxophone Sheet Music Bruce Fraser Bassoon Sheet Music Bruce Fraser Oboe Sheet Music Bruce Fraser Tenor Saxophone Sheet Music Bruce Fraser Concert Band Sheet Music
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Level: Grade 3