There are currently no items in your cart.
Carmen (Einfuhrung und Kommentar). Composed by Georges Bizet (1838-1875). Edited by Kurt Pahlen. This edition: SEM 8002; original edition, 6th edition, 2005. Books/Librettos. Operas of the world. Text/libretto. Text language: French - German. Composed 1873-75. 351 pages. Duration 180 minutes. Published by Schott Music (SD.49041671).
ISBN 9783254080028. With Text language: French - German.
Based on the subject of the eponymous novella by Prosper Merimee, 'Carmen' is George Bizet's last work. The composer died a few weeks after the unsuccessful world premiere in Paris on 3 March 1875. To the opera-lover of today, it is inconceivable that this work with its numerous wonderful 'Spanish' melodies and rhythms - developed by Bizet virtually 'from afar' as he had never travelled through Spain - could ever be a failure. Over the course of time, however, 'Carmen' has become one of the most popular and most frequently played operas long since.Apart from the libretto, this edition contains introductory commentaries of Kurt Pahlen who also adds information on the compositional structure and context to the musical as well as external and internal dramatic action of the opera. A short synopsis and a brief outline of the genesis bring the work into relation with the composer's entire oeuvre and life, thus offering a comprehensive, richly illustrated introduction.
Einfuhrung und Kommentar
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Einfuhrung und Kommentar
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
More by this Composer: Georges Bizet Sheet Music
Genre: Opera Sheet Music