There are currently no items in your cart.
Breaking the Code
Collection / Songbook
Breaking the Code (Includes Code of Funk (Book/CD Pack) and Breaking the Code (DVD)). For Drums. DVD. Book & CD & DVD Package. 79 pages. Published by Hudson Music (HL.320898).
ISBN 1423484592. 9x12 inches.
Includes the Lessons – Breaking the Code DVD:
Expanding on the information in his award-winning Code of Funk, world-renowned drummer David Garibaldi demonstrates and dissects the patterns he used for such Tower of Power classics as “Page One,” “Pocketful of Soul,” “Back in the Day,” “East Side”, and “The Oakland Stroke.” Multiple camera angles clearly show his feet, hands, and kit, putting the viewer one-on-one with the master drummer and teacher. Running time: 2 hours, 20 minutes.
Also includes the book/CD pack The Code of Funk:
This cutting-edge book/audio package brings the music of David Garibaldi and the music of Tower of Power to your practice room and provides an in-depth look at the concepts that David uses to create his futuristic, yet old-school grooves. The 80-page book includes: detailed transcriptions by David, of his drum performance in each of eight tunes from T.O.P's most recent album “Oakland Zone” (Or Music), incisive commentary, photos, a biography,a suggested listening list and more. The CD with all 8 tracks minus David's drums, allows you to “sit in” with this legendary band. Each track provides “clicktrack” count-in, followed by a complete “music minus drums” stereo mix including the lead vocals and solos. The bonus DVD-ROM with instrumental versions of these tracks in file formats that can be looped, slowed down using programs such as Acid® and GarageBand® and remixed using multi-track studio software such as ProTools®, Cakewalk®, or Nuendo® for further exploration and study. Includes a ReadMe file and also a video tutorial with detailed instructions.
$7.95_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Recommendations', 'Clicked - PD Page', '3541603']);
Breaking the Code
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Breaking the Code
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.