There are currently no items in your cart.
Boy, Oh Boy
Boy, Oh Boy composed by Josh Gottry. Percussion Ensemble. For Percussion Ensemble (vibraphone (3-octave), xylophone, marimba 1 (4-octave), marimba 2 (4.3-octave), timpani, 3 woodblocks, snare drum, bongos, congas). Percussion Music. Medium. Score and parts. Duration 4:30. Published by C. Alan Publications (CN.13080).
Using a lullaby setting of a Swedish folk melody, this work adds plenty of percussion to represent a day in the life of a toddler. A fun, yet sentimental piece.
Written for my one-year-old son Caleb, this piece opens with a simple lullaby setting of a Swedish folk melody from the hymn Children of the Heavenly Father. At the presto, a day begins with the woodblock part signifying the continual progression of time. The texture gradually thickens as toys are strewn around the house. The chord progression beginning five bars after letter A, spells out Caleb's name (Cmin, Abmin, Fmin7 substitute for 'L' Eb, Bb). The progression is then restated with a slightly busier ostinato. The hymn melody returns over new ideas in the mallet instruments, while the snare, woodblocks, and hand drums continue the 5/4 patterns into the 4/4 time signature. A final statement of the chord progression is made at letter F followed by the gradual thinning of the texture as the day winds down. A short lullaby recap closes the piece and the woodblock begins again to serve as a reminder that the next day is coming soon. - Josh Gottry.
Boy, Oh Boy
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Boy, Oh Boy
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
More by this Composer: Josh Gottry Sheet Music Josh Gottry Marimba Sheet Music Josh Gottry Percussion Sheet Music Josh Gottry Timpani Sheet Music Josh Gottry Vibraphone Sheet Music Josh Gottry Xylophone Sheet Music Josh Gottry Percussion Ensemble Sheet Music
Ensemble: Percussion Ensemble Music