Boots Randolph: Nashville Classics
Instrumental Solo Part and CD. Published by Music Minus One (MO.MMOCD4223).
Item Number: MO.MMOCD4223
ISBN 1596156988. Boots Randolph, soloist.
Boots Randolph is a modern day legend in music. As a tenor saxophonist he's appeared with every major Nashville artist of the past 40 years. Artists such as Elvis, Roy Orbison, Chet Atkins, Buddy Holly, Floyd Cramer, Alabama, Johnny Cash - the list is almost endless. He does more than just play the saxophone. More than just pop out music notes. His sax sounds like it can sing, can talk, can almost speak to deaf ears. His ability is awesome. His versatile style has no equal. Boots is here presenting a program of Nashville Classics with a rhythm section, first playing each piece, and then stepping aside for the at-home player to take the solo role.
Includes a newly engraved, high-quality printed solo part for both B-flat and E-flat instruments; and a CD containing digital stereo complete versions of each tune and another version of the accompaniment minus the soloist.
For related items see the following item numbers: MMOCD3857, MMOCD4123
- Crazy Performed by Willie Nelson
- You Don't Know Me Performed by Eddy Arnold/Cindy Walker
- Last Date Performed by Floyd Cramer
- Night Life Performed by Walter Breeland / Willie Nelson / Paul Buskirk
- Near You Performed by Kermit Goell & Francis Craig (m&l) (arr. Nelson Riddle)
- Green, Green Grass Of Home Performed by Claude Putnam Jr.
- Good Hearted Woman Performed by Waylon Jennings / Willie Nelson
- Busted Performed by Harlan Howard
- Java Performed by Marilyn Schack / Freddy Friday / Alvin O. Tyler / Allen Toussaint
- 9 To 5 Performed by Dolly Parton
- Pretty Woman Performed by Roy Orbison & Bill Dees
- Yakety Sax Performed by Boots Randolph / James Q. "Spider" Rich