There are currently no items in your cart.
Bluegrass Guitar composed by Tommy Flint. For Guitar (Flatpicking). Saddle-stitched, Methods. Value Line. Bluegrass. Beginning-Intermediate. Book/CD Set. 40 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.97229BCD).
ISBN 9780786635115. Bluegrass. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
A collection of traditional and Southern mountain songs progressively arranged in flatpicking guitar style. Many tunes are shown as both lyric versions with guitar chords and as flatpicking guitar solos. Selections include: This Train; John Henry; Old Smokey; The Midnight Run; Deer Lick Creek; Kentucky Hoe-down; Bill Cheatham; and many more. Written in standard notation and tab. The author also offers lead guitar solo concepts for traditional tunes like: The Galway Piper, Liberty, Billy in the Low Ground, Leather Britches, and others. A short fingerstyle segment on "How to Play Bluegrass Banjo Style on the Guitar" closes the book. Throughout, the author displays an intuitive awareness of various left and right-hand techniques and their imaginative application. With the enclosed companion CD containing all of the selections and exercises in the book, this outstanding Mel Bay Value Line book offers the beginning to intermediate bluegrass guitarist a significant value.
- Leather Britches (:36)
- Skip To My Lou (:59)
- The Clinch Mountain Crossing (1:04) Performed by Tommy Flint
- Deer Lick Creek (1:02) Performed by Tommy Flint
- Kentucky Hoe Down (:44)
- The Midnight Run (:55) Performed by Tommy Flint
- (Give Me That) Old Time Religion (:49)
- John Henry (:51)
- Wolf Creek (1:00) Performed by Tommy Flint
- Rough River Hoedown (:52) Performed by Tommy Flint
- The Galway Piper (:47)
- Drop Thumb-Hook,Another Drop Thumb-Hook, & Sourwoo
- Liberty (:41)
- Big Piney Gap (1:07) Performed by Tommy Flint
- Mississippi Sawyer (1:01)
- A Bluegrass Ending/The Hook (:22)
- Hookin' The Boogie (:39)
- This Train (:43)
- Billy In The Low Ground (:44)
- The Hills Of Brown (:54) Performed by Tommy Flint
- Bill Cheatham (:45)
- On Top Of Old Smoky (1:02)
- Travis, Kelly, And Patrick (1:02) Performed by Tommy Flint
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genre: Bluegrass Sheet Music
Series: Value Line