There are currently no items in your cart.
Bluegrass Guitar by Tommy Flint. For Guitar (Flatpicking). Saddle-stitched, Methods. Value Line. Bluegrass. Beginning-Intermediate. Book/CD Set. 40 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.97229BCD).
ISBN 9780786635115. Bluegrass. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
A collection of traditional and Southern mountain songs progressively arranged in flatpicking guitar style. Many tunes are shown as both lyric versions with guitar chords and as flatpicking guitar solos. Selections include: This Train; John Henry; Old Smokey; The Midnight Run; Deer Lick Creek; Kentucky Hoe-down; Bill Cheatham; and many more. Written in standard notation and tab. The author also offers lead guitar solo concepts for traditional tunes like: The Galway Piper, Liberty, Billy in the Low Ground, Leather Britches, and others. A short fingerstyle segment on "How to Play Bluegrass Banjo Style on the Guitar" closes the book. Throughout, the author displays an intuitive awareness of various left and right-hand techniques and their imaginative application. With the enclosed companion CD containing all of the selections and exercises in the book, this outstanding Mel Bay Value Line book offers the beginning to intermediate bluegrass guitarist a significant value.
- Leather Britches (:36)
- Skip To My Lou (:59)
- The Clinch Mountain Crossing (1:04) Performed by Tommy Flint
- Deer Lick Creek (1:02) Performed by Tommy Flint
- Kentucky Hoe Down (:44)
- The Midnight Run (:55) Performed by Tommy Flint
- (Give Me That) Old Time Religion (:49)
- John Henry (:51)
- Wolf Creek (1:00) Performed by Tommy Flint
- Rough River Hoedown (:52) Performed by Tommy Flint
- The Galway Piper (:47)
- Drop Thumb-Hook,Another Drop Thumb-Hook, & Sourwoo
- Liberty (:41)
- Big Piney Gap (1:07) Performed by Tommy Flint
- Mississippi Sawyer (1:01)
- A Bluegrass Ending/The Hook (:22)
- Hookin' The Boogie (:39)
- This Train (:43)
- Billy In The Low Ground (:44)
- The Hills Of Brown (:54) Performed by Tommy Flint
- Bill Cheatham (:45)
- On Top Of Old Smoky (1:02)
- Travis, Kelly, And Patrick (1:02) Performed by Tommy Flint
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Genre: Bluegrass Sheet Music
Series: Value Line