There are currently no items in your cart.
Blue Tango composed by Leroy Anderson (1908-1975). For concert band. Catalogue Light Concert Works/Novelties/Arrangements of Modern Light Music/Tango. Light Concert Pieces. Recorded on The Best of Novelties (ML.311056720). Grade 3. Score only. Duration 2 minutes, 49 seconds. Published by Molenaar Edition (ML.010994040-S).
Leroy Anderson was the son of Swedish immigrants. He studied music and foreign languages at the famous Harvard University before starting a brilliant musical career. He was a great church organ player, a fine conductor a great composer and mostly the successful arranger for the famous 'Boston Pops Orchestra' conducted by Arthur Fiedler. He turned into one of the very big champions of the musical 'novelty' with hits such as 'Belle of the Ball', 'Bugler's Holiday', 'Sandpaper Ballet', 'The Syncopated Clock' and 'The Typewriter' (all these items have also been published by Molenaar Edition). In was in 1947/48 that Anderson was obsessed by a tune which was to become his world famous 'Blue Tango'. He choose 'tango azul' as title, but this did not sound very commercial. (Usually Anderson first chose a title and then composed a piece, but in this case he did the opposite). The Decca label released this piece on the second Anderson long playing record in october 1951. Unexpectedly Blue Tango became the big success and made its way into the Top ten. Between January and June 1952 one million records with this tune were sold. It was the very first instrumental piece to reach the top of the hit parade: it was number one for seven weeks and remained fifteen weeks in the top of the charts.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Level: Grade 3