There are currently no items in your cart.
Between the Strings-The Secret Lives of Guitars (100 Stories of Life with the Guitar). Composed by John Schroeter. For Guitar (All). Non-Fiction. John August Music. All Styles. Book. 352 pages. Published by John August Publications (MB.20913).
ISBN 9780974973708. All Styles. 6 x 9 inches.
BETWEEN THE STRINGS: THE SECRET LIVES OF GUITARS is a collection of more than one-hundred selected short stories, each with a guitar at its center. A veritable compendium of the world's greatest guitarists, from BB to ZZ (B.B. King to ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons, that is), the stories are inspiring, uplifting, illuminating, humorous, stirring, and edifying. Some of the stories are simply entertaining in the way they take unexpected twists and turns. Others are biographical. Many involve a guitar that was received, given away, lost, stolen, recovered, offered to its player a special song, or was pivotal in a personal relationship or life experience. Each of these stories reveals something of the human spirit, as well as something of the supernatural that sometimes makes its way into our ordinary, everyday existence. But in every case, the variety of experiences, settings, and remarkable outcomes are linked by the common celebration of life with the guitar. To paraphrase Ann Petry, "Everything you ever had, everything you ever lost. It's all there in the guitar- pain and hate and trouble and peace and quiet and love." There is so much more to music than meets the ears. To discover that, one needs only to read "between the strings."
FEATURES: Les Paul, Don McLean, George Benson, Andy Griffith, Bob Weir (Grateful Dead), Peter Frampton, Doc Watson, Christopher Parkening, Eric Johnson, Earl Klugh, Jack White (White Stripes), Rick Derringer, Taj Mahal, Chet Atkins! more than 100 artists in all.
- Introduction Performed by B. B. King
- Guitars are From Venus--Women are Too Performed by Michael Johnson
- The Hunt for Red Guitar Performed by Brooks Williams
- The Prodical Gibson Performed by Spencer Bohren
- Return to Fender Performed by Jim Kimball
- Return of the Prodical Guitarist Performed by Richie Furay
- Lasting Impressions Performed by Charlie Daniels
- Only a Gibson is Good Enough Performed by David Carradine
- The Long Way Home Performed by Kerry Livgren
- Uncle Gene's Guitar Performed by John Schroeter
- Marty's Martin Performed by Johnny Cash
- The Battered Strat Performed by Adrian Belew
- The Baptism of "Brownie McGee" Performed by Greg Martin
- St. Cecelia on Guitars, Fear, and Grace Performed by Pierce Pettis
- Brother Juniper Performed by John Michael Talbot
- Visit to Heaven Performed by John Doan
- The Boosted Tele Performed by Robbie Robertson
- Guitar Paradise Performed by Peppino D'Agostino
- Guitar Scam Performed by Jimmie Rodgers
- An Instrument in God's Hands Performed by Bruce Carroll
- The Guitar Shines On Performed by John Hammond
- For Want of a Guitar Performed by Phil Keaggy
- The Black Beauty Performed by Peter Frampton
- Uncommon Good Performed by William Ackerman
- Wanted: Orange Gretsch 6120 Performed by Randy Bachman
- A Man and His Guitar Performed by Don McLean
- Of Guitars and Righteous Men Performed by Janis Ian
- The Heart Of The Matter Performed by David Wilcox
- While My Guitar Gently Sings Performed by Badi Assad
- A Guitar in the Family Performed by Bob Weir
- Band of Brothers Performed by Johnathan Parber
- For Love of the Trees Performed by Alicia Adams
- Redwood Performed by George Lowden
- All In The Family Performed by Chris Martin IV
- Still Here Performed by Paul McGill
- Going Forward Performed by James Olson
- In the Shade of the Tree of Life Performed by Kevin Ryan
- The Old Martin and Me Performed by Pat Kirtley
- Free Guitar in the Morning Performed by Andy Griffith
- The Flying Explorer Performed by Rick Derringer
- Happy to Play the Blues Performed by Eric Johnson
- A Guitar in the Window Performed by Liona Boyd
- Mad About Guitar Performed by Grant Geissman
- Of Montgomery Wards and Strombergs
- Mr. Guitar Performed by Chet Atkins, C. G. P.
- If It Sounds Good, Do It Performed by Paul Burlison
- The Guitar That Changed the World Performed by Scotty Moore
- Rollin' And Tumblin' Performed by Andy Summers
- Metal and Me Performed by Phil Madeira
- Blues to the Bone Performed by George Thorogood
- The Blues Don't Float Performed by Catfish Keith
- The World Inside My Guitar Performed by Taj Mahal
- The Funk Brothers Performed by Joe Messina, Eddie Willis, And Robert White
- One Way Ticket Performed by Alex De Grassi
- St. Peter's by the Lake Performed by Arthur "Arturo" Carnrick
- Fine Guitars and Angel Dust Performed by Doc Watson
- My Deliverance Performed by Jose Feliciano
- The Faithful Guitar Performed by Rick Foster
- A White Rose for Heidi Performed by Doyle Dykes
- Guitar Divine Performed by Eliot Fisk
- Music for Life Performed by Muriel Anderson
- A Guitar With a Silver Lining
- The Road to Winfield Performed by Pete Huttlinger
- A Windfall at Winfield Performed by John Standefer
- Thankin' the Lord for My Fingers Performed by Bob Benett
- With A Little Help From My Friends Performed by Earl Klugh
- Closing the Circle Performed by Frank Gambale
- Miss Wanda, Her Guitar, and Me Performed by Paul Yandell
- Who Would Have Known? Performed by Stefan Grossman
- Life in Three Lessons Performed by Tuck Andress
- I Remember Wes Performed by George Benson
- In My Own Words Performed by Howard Morgen
- Hawanawana (The Whispering) Performed by Keola Beamer
- The Reluctant Guitar Hero Performed by Johnny Smith
- Sufficient Grace Performed by Christopher Parkening
- The Silver Lining Performed by El McMeen
- Bad Cast, Good Performance Performed by Johnny A.
- One Day At A Time Performed by Pat Martino
- A Gift of Hope Performed by Tony Melendez
- It Was Forty Years Ago Today Performed by The Beatles
- Sebastian Performed by Noel Paul Stookey
- A Lesson in Humility Performed by Michael Gulezian
- Better than an Endorsement Letter From Segovia Performed by Michael Chapdelaine
- I Remember Andres
- Acoustic: Reloaded Performed by Jason Truby
- On The Road Again Performed by Jon Burchfield
- On the Brighter Side Performed by Jorma Kaukonen
- It's Not Only What You Know Performed by Lee Ritenour
- Something To Say Performed by The Edge
- For the Love of Barrios Performed by John Williams
- Holy Grails and Backstage Passes Performed by George Gruhn
- Airline Trip Performed by Jack White
- Pass the Bottleneck, Please! Performed by Jerry Douglas
- For Nancy Performed by Pete Yorn
- That Dear Old Guitar of Mine Performed by Bob Kilpatrick
- In the Wonderfully Beautiful Month of May Performed by John Renbourn
- Butterfingers Performed by Kathy Mattea
- The Wish Performed by Margaret Becker
- Poster Child Performed by Dan Tyminski
- On The Right Track Performed by Les Paul
Between the Strings-The Secret Lives of Guitars
100 Stories of Life with the Guitar
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Between the Strings-The Secret Lives of Guitars
100 Stories of Life with the Guitar
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Guitar Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook