Best of Blues Piano
Piano/Keyboard - Difficulty: medium
Hal Leonard Signature Licks. Blues. Instructional book and accompaniment CD. With introductory text, instructional text and standard notation. 51 pages. Published by Hal Leonard (HL.695841).
Item Number: HL.695841
ISBN 0634079026. 9x12 inches.
A step-by-step breakdown of the piano styles and techniques of Dr. John, Pete Johnson, Professor Longhair, Pinetop Perkins, and others that uses their actual licks to teach. 14 songs are covered, including Blueberry Hill, Caldonia (What Makes Your Big Head So Hard?), The Pearls and more.
About Hal Leonard Signature Licks
The Signature Licks book/audio packs are especially formatted to give instruction on how to play a particular artist style by using the actual transcribed, "right from the record" licks! Designed for use by anyone from beginner right up to the experienced player who is looking to expand their insight. The books contain full performance notes and an overview of each artist or group's style with transcriptions in notes and tab. The audio accompaniment features playing tips and techniques, as well as playing examples at a slower tempo.
- Tipitina Performed by Dr. John
- Big Chief Performed by Professor Longhair
- Blueberry Hill Performed by Fats Domino
- Caldonia (What Makes Your Big Head So Hard?) Performed by Pinetop Perkins
- Confessin' The Blues Performed by Jay McShann
- Cow Cow Blues Performed by Cow Cow Davenport
- Diving Duck Performed by Otis Spann
- Everyday I Have The Blues Performed by Memphis Slim
- The Pearls Performed by Jelly Roll Morton
- Roll 'em Pete Performed by Pete Johnson
- Cryin' In My Sleep Performed by Jimmy Yancey
- (The Original Pinetop) Boogie Woogie Performed by Pinetop Smith
- Route 66 Performed by Charles Brown
- Honky Tonk Train Blues Performed by Meade Lux Lewis