Beginning Alto Sax Solos, Vol. I (Paul Brodie)
Instrumental Solo Part and CD. Published by Music Minus One (MO.MMOCD4111).
Item Number: MO.MMOCD4111
ISBN 1596155892. Soloist: Paul Brodie, alto saxophone; Accompaniment: Antonin Kubalek, piano.
Extraordinary virtuoso Paul Brodie plays each of these wonderful beginning-level solos on alto saxophone. Includes printed music score containing the solo part, annotated with performance suggestions; and a compact disc with complete versions (with soloist) followed by piano accompaniments to each piece, minus the soloist.
Includes a high-quality printed solo part containing the solo part, annotated with performance suggestions; and a compact disc with complete versions (with soloist) followed by piano accompaniments to each piece, minus the soloist.
- Clavier Suite in G minor: Gavotte Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Ave verum, KV618 Performed by W.A. Mozart (arr. Rascher)
- Der Freischutz: Hunters' Chorus Performed by Carl Maria Von Weber (arr. Rascher)
- Andante (arranged from the Violin Sonata No. 1) Performed by Franz Joseph Haydn
- L'Arlesienne Suite No. 2: Intermezzo Performed by Georges Bizet (transcr. Gee; Ed. McCathren)
- Largo (transcribed from the Violoncello Sonata) Performed by Frederic Chopin (transcr. Rousseau)
- Lyrische stucke, op. 12: Albumblatt (album leaf) Performed by Edvard Grieg
- Sonatina, op. 100: Larghetto Performed by Antonin Dvorak
- Suite Miniature: Evening Waltz Performed by Alexander Gretchaninov (transcr. Voxman)
- Rondino (on a Theme by Beethoven) Performed by Fritz Kreisler