Beethoven -- Piano Sonatas, Volume 3
Piano - Advanced; Early Advanced; Late Intermediate
Nos. 16-24. Composed by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827). Edited by Stewart Gordon. Masterworks; Piano Collection. Alfred Masterwork Edition. Form: Sonata. Classical; Masterwork; Recital; Romantic. Book. 260 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.27646).
Item Number: AP.27646
Dr. Stewart Gordon, Professor of Music in the Department of Keyboard Studies at the University of Southern California, is held in high regard by professional piano teachers worldwide. His critical editions of Beethoven's piano sonatas provide all the tools necessary for a stylistic performance and are essentials for the library of every piano teacher. His thorough research of the earliest available sources has captured the most accurate reflection of the composer's intent. These sonatas contain helpful fingering suggestions and performance recommendations. Other editors' conclusions are noted where performance options are open to interpretation. Volume 3 includes Sonatas 16--24 (Op. 31, Nos. 1, 2, 3; Op. 49, Nos. 1, 2; Opp. 53, 54, 57, and 78). 260 pages.
- Sonata 16 in G Major (Op. 31, No. 1)
- Sonata 17 in D Minor (Op. 31, No. 2)
- Sonata 18 in E-flat Major (Op. 31, No. 3)
- Sonata 19 in G minor (Op. 49, No. 1) - "Deux Sonates Faciles"
- Sonata 20 in G Major (Op. 49, No. 2) - "Deux Sonates Faciles"
- Sonata 21 in C Major (Op. 53)
- Sonata 22 in F Major (Op. 54)
- Sonata 23 in F Minor (Op. 57)
- Sonata 24 in F-sharp Minor (Op. 78)