There are currently no items in your cart.
Bass Soloing: A Look Inside Scales by Earl Gately. For String Bass. Perfect binding, Improvisation. Bill's Music Shelf. Jazz. Intermediate. Book. 120 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.21075).
ISBN 9780786674374. Jazz. 8.5 x 11 inches.
Although there are many fine scale books on the market, none of them are really for INSIDE the scales to explore the various intervals, harmonized scales in triads and diatonic 7ths, and neighbor tones to achieve some chromaticism. This book helps to employ multiple-use scales (modes) by superimposing them over the given chords to expand and color them. A variety of chord progressions, taken from various forms, are used in the ideas for soloing with a complete analysis. Covers harmonized scales of the major, ascending melodic minor and the harmonic minor. Explains how to go inside the scales, the nomenclature of each, such as the various intervals, neighbor tones, triads and diatonic 7ths that the scales generate, and most importantly, how to employ them in a music situation, such as soloing, rhythm section and composition. Written in standard notation and bass TAB. Free audio downloads are available from the publisher for use with this title.
Bass Soloing: A Look Inside Scales
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Bass Soloing: A Look Inside Scales
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Double Bass Sheet Music
Genre: Jazz Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook