There are currently no items in your cart.
Bass Improvisation for Bass. Bass Builders. Improvisation, Technique and Play Along. Book and examples/accompaniment CD. Standard notation, instructional text and introductory text. 52 pages. Published by Hal Leonard (HL.695164).
ISBN 0793579953. With standard notation, instructional text and introductory text. Improvisation, Technique and Play Along. 9x12 inches.
This book/CD pack is designed to help players master the art of improvisation. The CD includes over 50 tracks for demonstration and play-along. The book works with electric or acoustic bass and covers: modes, harmonic minor, melodic minor, blues, pentatonics, diminished, whole tone, Lydian b7, Mixolydian b13, and other important scales; phrasing, chord scale concepts, melodic development, guide tones, and resolutions; plus how to use your ear & practice tunes.
About Hal Leonard Bass Builders
Bass Builders is a series of technique book/audio packages created for the purposeful building and development of your chops. Each volume is written by an expert in that particular technique. And with the inclusion of audio - either CD or cassette - the added dimension of hearing exactly how to play particular grooves and techniques makes this truly like a private lesson.
- Using the CD
- Tell Your Story
- Suggested Listening
- Raw Stuff
- More Raw Stuff
- Playing The Blues
- The Chord/Scale Concept
- Getting Vertical
- Harmony Grids
- Peeling Off The Layers
- Minor Harmony
- Internal Melodies
- Cellar By Flashlight
- Sing For Your Supper
- Practice Tunes
- Bull, A Lie Of Lird Band
- Eat A Melatonin
- In Closing
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
More by this Composer: Ed Friedland Sheet Music
Series: Hal Leonard Bass Builders