There are currently no items in your cart.
- Look inside(4)
Bass Bible (Second Edition). By Paul Westwood. For Electric Bass Guitar. Flex bound, Rhythm/Backup. AMA Verlag. All Styles. Beginning-Intermediate. Book/2-CD Set. 288 pages. Published by AMA Verlag (MB.610164E).
ISBN 9783927190672. All Styles. 8.25 x 11.75 inches.
The English bassist Paul Westwood is one of the most in demand bass players of our time. His Bass Bible is the ultimate method book for every bass player. It contains a fascinating journey through the world of techniques, styles, grooves, and their evolution, using more than 1000 musical examples in all! This book is designed like a dictionary of musical phrases, which can be opened at the point that interests you. Learning a whole series of musical phrases, riffs, rhythms and patterns provides the basic language for performing within a group. Each section of the book captures the essence of a particular style, providing a springboard from which to start improvising. In notation and tablature for 4-string bass.
- BOOK ONE
- Finger style
- Soft/Hard Playing
- Spanish Style
- Plectrums & Picks
- Nail Playing
- Slap Bass
- The Squeeze
- Right Hand Tapping
- Walking 4 and Damping
- Pedals and Effects
- 49 Steps to Basic Theory
- Walking Bass Lines
- Scales, Arpeggios and Scale Exercises
- Major Scales
- Minor Scales
- Diatonic Modes
- Arpeggios (Major)
- Arpeggios (Minor)
- Scale Exercises
- Swing 4 Basic Changes
- Swing 4 with Chord Extensions
- Swing 4 with Passing Notes
- Triplet Fills
- Chord Sequences and Improvisation
- BOOK TWO
- Basic Grooves
- 8th Note Basic Grooves
- 16th Note Basic Grooves
- 12/8 Shuffle Basic Grooves
- Blues and R&B
- 12/8 Blues and R & B (Shuffle Feel)
- 4/4 Blues and R & B
- JAMES JAMERSON and Motown
- Bass Fills
- CHUCK RAINEY and Atlantic Records
- JAMES BROWN and Funk
- STANLEY CLARKE
- Straight 8th Note feel
- Syncopated 8th Note feel
- 16th Note feel
- Shuffle feel
- BOOK THREE
- Latin Music
- Latin Styles
- Latin Riffs
- Double Time Latin Riffs
- Spanish Flamenco
- Mexican Mariachi
- Cuban Mambo
- Cuban Rock
- Jamaican Reggae
- Even feel
- Even feel, no downbeat
- Shuffle feel
- Shuffle feel, no downbeat
- Brazilian Samba
- Peru, Ecuador, Chile, Bolivia
- BOOK FOUR
- African Music
- African Riffs
- North Africa & the Middle East
- Republic Congo (Zaire)
- South Africa & Soweto
- BOOK FIVE
- Boogie Lines
- Larry Graham & Mark King -- Slap Bass
- Slap (Beginners)
- Larry Graham -- Slap (Boogie)
- Mark King -- Slap (Popping)
- Jaco Pastorius -- Fretless Bass
- Fretless Bass Solos
- Natural Harmonics
- Chordal Harmonics
- Arpeggio Chord Progressions with Harmonics
- Synthesizer Bass
- Modern Riffs -- Jazz & Progressive Lines
- Modern Riffs
- Jazz & Progressive Lines
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Bass Guitar Sheet Music