There are currently no items in your cart.
Banjo Method (C Tuning - Concert Style). Composed by Frank Bradbury. For Banjo (5 String & Plectrum). Squareback saddle-stitched, Methods. All Styles. Multiple Levels. Book. 128 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.93238).
ISBN 9780871664952. All Styles. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
This book, written for those with no prior musical experience, is the definitive text for learning C-tuning concert, or classic-style 5-string banjo. Written by the late Frank Bradbury, Banjo Method provides a thorough grounding in music theory and note reading, along with a complete presentation of Mr. Bradbury's unique 5-string concert banjo technique and outstanding solo and duet arrangements by various artists. The technique described here is radically different from that found in other books about the 5-string banjo, and no tablature is used. No plastic or metal picks are used on the right-hand fingers, nor are the fingernails used, but rather the bare fingertips. The hand positions recommended by Mr. Bradbury are not unlike those of a classical guitarist. All in all, this is an uncommon, but valid approach to solo banjo technique. Online audio of select pieces and exercises featuring Rob MacKillop now available from the publisher's website.
- A Banjo Mosaic Performed by Lansing, Arr. Bradbury
- After the Ball
- Hilo, Hawaiian Quickstep
- Home on the Range
- Old Virginia
- Pajama Dance
- Susan's Waltz
- The Banjo Caprice
- The Caissons Go Rolling Along
- The Merry Campers
- The Sailors Refrain
- The Yankee Clipper Performed by Lansing, Arr. Bradbury
- Alabama Moon
- Sidewalks Of New York
- The Gauchos Galopade
- Ballad in Eb Performed by Hunter, Arr: Bradbury
- Banjo Jubilee
- Belle Of The Ozarks
- Brahms Waltz, Op.39 - No. 15 Performed by Frank Bradbury
- California Performed by Gregory
- Dance Morisco Performed by Bacon, Arr: Bradbury
- In Old Vienna
- Kentucky Medley
- Old Kentucky Home
- The Cotton Club
- The Daily Double
- The Golden Slippers
- The Happy Farmer Performed by Robert Schumann
- The Marines Hymn
- The Spanish Fandango
- Mountain Polka
- Norwegian Folk Dance
C Tuning - Concert Style
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
C Tuning - Concert Style
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: 5-String Banjo Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook