There are currently no items in your cart.
Ballads & Songs of the Civil War composed by Jerry Silverman. For Piano/Vocal. Perfect binding, SongBook. American. Intermediate. Book. 272 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.94734).
ISBN 9781562225810. American. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
A comprehensive and historically significant song collection, this massive volume captures the hopes and tragedy of the Civil War era. Songs are grouped into the following categories: The Union, The Confederacy, Lincoln, Universal Sentiments, Soldiers Songs, Battles, Negro Spirituals & Abolitionist Songs, The Lighter Side, and Post Bellum. A special feature of this text is the inclusion of authentic formal and informal portraits, plus depicting military encampment of the aftermath of the battle. Arranged for voice with piano accompaniment and guitar chords.
- Kingdom Coming Performed by Henry Clay Work
- Lorena Performed by J.P. Webster, Words: Rev. H.D.L. Webster
- Oh, Freedom
- Southrons' Chaunt Of Defiance Performed by A.E. Blackmar
- The Battle Hymn Of The Republic Performed by Julia Ward Howe
- Dixie Performed by Words: Albert Pike, Music: Daniel D. Emmett
- Johnny Is My Darling Performed by Words: Father Reed
- Marching Along Performed by William B. Bradbury
- Pat Murphy Of The Irish Brigade
- The Cumberland And The Merrimac
- Abraham's Daughter Performed by Septimus Winner
- Goober Peas
- The Brass-Mounted Army
- Booth Killed Lincoln
- Dixie's Land Performed by Daniel D. Emmett
- Flight Of Doodles
- Follow the Drinking Gourd Performed by Words & Music: Adapted & Arranged By Lee Hays And
- The Bonnie Blue Flag Performed by Words: Harry Mccarthy
- Weeping Sad And Lonely (When This Cruel War Is Ove Performed by Henry Tucker, Words: Charles C. Sawyer
- Who Will Care For Mother Now? Performed by Charles C. Sawyer
- Free At Last
- Here's Your Mule Performed by Music: C.D.Benson
- Jeff In Petticoats Performed by Words: Henry Tucker, Music: George Cooper
- Oh, I'm A Good Old Rebel Performed by Music: Joe Bowers
- Roll, Alabama, Roll
- The Drummer Boy Of Shiloh Performed by Will S. Hays
- The Southern Wagon
- The Young Volunteer Performed by John Hill Hewitt
- We Wait Beneath The Furnace Blast Performed by Words: John Greenleaf Whittier, M:Martin Luther,Ch
- All Quiet Along The Potomac Performed by W.H. Goodwin, Mrs. Ethel Lynn Beers
- Brother Green
- I Goes To Fight Mit Sigel Performed by Words: F. Poole
- I'll Be A Sargeant
- Marching Through Georgia Performed by Henry Clay Work
- Richmond Is A Hard Road To Travel Performed by Music: Daniel D. Emmett
- We Are Coming, Father Abr'am Performed by L.O. Emerson, Words: James Sloan Gibbons
- When Johnny Comes Marching Home Performed by Patrick S. Gilmore
- A Life On The Vicksburg Bluff Performed by Words: A. Dalsheimer
- Clear The Track Performed by Words: Jesse Hutchinson, Music: Daniel D. Emmett
- De Day Ob Liberty's Comin' Performed by George F. Root
- Give Us A Flag
- Go Down, Moses
- Hard Times In Dixie Performed by Words: M.K., Music: Eugarps
- Sixty-Three Is The Jubilee Performed by Words: J.L. Greene, Music: D.A. French
- Home, Sweet Home Performed by Henry Rowley Bishop, Words: John Howard Payne
- I Can Whip The Scoundrel
- John Brown's Body
- Slavery Chain Done Broke At Last
- Somebody's Darling Performed by John Hill Hewitt, Words: Marie Ravenal De Coste
- The Battle Of Shiloh Hill Performed by Words: M.B. Smith(Comp. C, 2d Regiment, Tx Volunte
- The Grant Pill Performed by Words: Harriet L. Castle, Music: J.C. Beckel
- We Conquer Or Die Performed by James Pierpont
- Cumberland Gap
- The Battle of Shiloh
- Tramp! Tramp! Tramp! Performed by George F. Root
- Tramp! Tramp! Tramp!, Ii (Southern Version) Performed by George F. Root
- Nine Miles To The Junction
- Sambo's Right To Be Kilt Performed by Music: S. Lover
- The Valiant Conscript
- Billy Barlow-On The Times Performed by Words: H. Angelo, Music:Billy Barlow
- Do They Miss Me At Home? Performed by S.M. Grannis, Words: Caroline A. Mason
- Drink It Down
- Grafted Into The Army Performed by Henry Clay Work
- Just After The Battle Performed by George F. Root
- Maryland, My Maryland Performed by Words: James R. Randall
- Riding A Raid
- The Rebel Soldier
- There Was An Old Soldier
- Abraham's Daughter Ii
- Babylon is Fallen Performed by Henry Clay Work
- Lincoln And Liberty Performed by Words: Jesse Hutchinson
- Stonewall Jackson's Way Performed by J.W. Palmer
- The Faded Coat Of Blue Performed by J.H. Mcnaughton
- The Gold Band
- Virginia's Bloody Soil
- Old Abe Lincoln Came Out Of The Wilderness
- Southern Battle Cry Of Freedom Performed by George F. Root
- Tenting On the Old Camp Ground Performed by Walter Kittredge
- The Battle Cry Of Freedom, Ii (Battle Song) Performed by Geroge F. Root
- The Cumberland Crew
- The Liberty Ball Performed by Words: Jesse Hutchinson
- The Old Union Wagon Performed by Words: John Hogarth Lozier
- The Yellow Rose of Texas
- When Sherman Marched Down To The Sea Performed by Words: S.B.M. Meyers, Music: E. Mack
- For The Dear Old Flag I Die Performed by Stephen Collins Foster, Words: George Cooper
- High-Toned Southern Gentleman
- Just Before The Battle, Mother Performed by George F. Root
- Marching Song Of The First Arkansas (Negro) Regime
- The Blue And The Gray Performed by Words: M.F. Finch, Music: Felix Schelling
- The Fall Of Charleston Performed by Words: Eugene T. Johnson
- The New York Volunteer
- The Southern Soldier
- Billy Barlow Performed by Ed Clifford
- Overtures From Richmond Performed by Words: Francis J. Child
- The Battle Cry Of Freedom (Rallying Song) Performed by George F. Root
- The Vacant Chair Performed by George F. Root, Words: Henry S. Washburn
- We'll Fight For Uncle Abe Performed by Frederick Buckley, Words: C.E. Pratt
- Farewell To Grog Performed by Words: Caspas Schenk, U.S.N.
- Many Thousand Gone
- My Father, How Long?
- Steal Away
- The Army Of The Free Performed by Words: Frank H. Norton
- The John Brown Song
- The Southern Soldier Boy Performed by Words: Captain G.W. Alexander
- We've Drunk From The Same Canteen
- The Why And The Wherefore
Ballads & Songs of the Civil War
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Ballads & Songs of the Civil War
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genre: Americana Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook