There are currently no items in your cart.
Bad Hair Day - Score composed by Bruce Pearson. Band. For jazz ensemble. Standard of Excellence Jazz Ensemble Method. Jazz. Grade 2. Score. Published by Neil A. Kjos Music Company (KJ.ZB357F).
Bad Hair Day is an original and energetic rock tune that will build confidence and enthusiasm with your students! It is a great learning tool with attention on 8th note patterns and rests. The licks fall nicely under the fingers making it an easy and rewarding chart to put together. REVIEW from the Jazz Education Journal: "This catchy jazz-rock chart from the Standard of Excellence Jazz In Concert Series is designed to be performed by the entire big band complement with loads of optional additional band parts, or by as few as nine musicians. Following an energetic introductory figure set up by the rhythm section and imitated by the horn section, the melody lines are swapped between the reeds and the brass. The send-off to the solo section features the drummer with solid horn pops, and the shout section that follows features trading between the entire band and the drummer. The recapitulation, followed by a restatement of the introductory material, brings this likeable tune to its conclusion. A bonus CD, fully written-out piano and bass parts, guitar voicings, drum notations, call-and-response drills, and rhythmic and improvisational studies provide a wealth of choices to help students learn both the piece and its wider concepts. The solo section, which includes background figures in the reeds and brasses, may either feature one or more players, or simply be deleted. Dynamics and articulations are clearly marked in all parts. The lead trumpet range goes to G atop the staff, while the lead trombone rises to F above the staff. This cart's a winner!" -Chris Vadala, University of Maryland Review (c)2007 Jazz Education Journal, August/September 2007 Issue, Volume 40 #1. Reprinted with permission.
Bad Hair Day - Score
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Bad Hair Day - Score
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: Jazz Ensemble Music
Genre: Jazz Sheet Music
Level: Grade 2