Bach -Two Part Inventions
Piano - Intermediate
Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Edited by Keith Snell. Neil A. Kjos Master Composer Library. Sheet music. Published by Neil A. Kjos Music Company (KJ.GP382).
Item Number: KJ.GP382
The Bach Two-Part Inventions were composed as teaching pieces and appear in ascending order by pitch, starting with C and using only those Major and minor keys with no more than four sharps or flats. All Inventions, clearly engraved on two pages with no page turns, include editorial markings and suggested tempi. The well designed table of ornaments, presented on a large easy-to-read staff, shows a picture of the ornament, an accurate description of execution, and exactly which notes to play.
About Neil A. Kjos Master Composer Library
The Neil A. Kjos Master Composer Library, selected and edited by Keith Snell, is comprised of unique editions of the most popular piano teaching repertoire. Clavier Magazine calls it "an outstanding teaching series." All books are attractively priced for students representing an outstanding value. Compact disc recordings by Diane Hidy, Nelita True, and Hans Boepple follow the editing, emulating a beautiful and practical model for students.
- Invention No.1 in C Major, BWV 772 Performed by Johann Sebastian Bach
- Invention No.7 in E Minor, BWV 778
- Invention No.5 in Eb Major, BWV 776
- Invention No.3 in D Major, BWV 774
- Invention No.15 in B Minor, BWV 786
- Invention No.12 in A Major, BWV 783
- Invention No.11 in G Minor, BWV 782
- Invention No.10 in G Major, BWV 781
- Invention No.8 in F Major, BWV 779
- Invention No.14 in Bb Major, BWV 785
- Invention No.13 in A Minor, BWV 784 Performed by George Frideric Handel
- Invention No.2 in C Minor, BWV 773
- Invention No.4 in D Minor, BWV 775
- Invention No.6 in E Major, BWV 777
- Invention No.9 in F Minor, BWV 20