Bach Transcriptions for Piano
Solo piano - Level C (moderately difficult)
Twentieth-century arrangements from choral and instrumental works. Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Edited by Michael Aston; David Owen Norris. Collection. 64 pages. Published by Oxford University Press (OU.9780193392618).
Item Number: OU.9780193392618
ISBN 9780193392618. 12 x 9 inches.
Demonstrating the range and popularity of Bach piano transcriptions during the early twentieth century, this collection contains exuberant fantasias and fugues, gentle transcriptions from instrumental works, and popular chorales. Includes introductory notes by the celebrated pianist and broadcaster David Owen Norris.
- Wachet Auf, Ruft Uns Die Stimme (Sleepers, Wake) Arranged by Myra Hess
- Siciliano (Sonata In E Flat For Flute And Harpsichord) Arranged by Edward Krish
- Pastorella In F Major, Mov. 3 Arranged by William G. Whittaker, F major
- In Dulci Jubilo (In Sweet Rejoicing) Arranged by Dorothea Salmon
- Bist Du Bei Mir (If Thou Art Near) Arranged by William H. Harris
- Christ Lag In Todes Banden (Christ Lay In Death's Bonds) Arranged by Gerald M. Cooper
- Jesu, Bleibet Meine Freude (Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring) Arranged by Leonard Borwick
- Seht, Was Die Liebe Tut (See What His Love Can Do) Arranged by Hubert J. Foss
- Sarabande (Cello Suite In D Major) Arranged by Leonard Borwick, D major
- Ertodt' Uns Durch Dein' Gute (Sanctify Us By Thy Goodness) Arranged by Harriet Cohen
- Pastorella In F Major, Mov. 4 Arranged by William G. Whittaker, F major
- Liebster Jesu, Wir Sind Hier (Beloved Jesu, We Are Here) Arranged by Harriet Cohen
- Fugue In G Minor Arranged by Norah Drewett De Kresz, G minor
- Was Gott Thut, Das Ist Wohlgethan (What God Hath Done Is Rightly Done) Arranged by Herbert Murrill
- Adagio (Toccata, Adagio, And Fugue In C Major) Arranged by Myra Hess, C major
- Wenn Wir In Hochsten Noten Sein (When We Are In Greatest Need) Arranged by Dorothea Salmon
- Es Ist Das Heil Uns Kommen Her (Salvation Now Has Come For All) Arranged by Gerald M. Cooper