Bach Transcriptions for Organ
Organ - Level B-C (easy - moderately difficult)
Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Edited by Martin Setchell. Collection. 64 pages. Published by Oxford University Press (OU.9780193399020).
Item Number: OU.9780193399020
ISBN 9780193399020. 12 x 9 inches.
This collection presents a selection of varied repertoire by J. S. Bach in new arrangements for the organ. Bringing a wealth of popular pieces under the fingers and feet of intermediate players, the volume caters for all parts of a church service, as well as providing recital repertoire and popular encores. Taking its cue from the Baroque practice of transcription, and with the needs of modern players in mind, this volume presents a set of pieces with wide and varied use and makes a valuable addition to any organist's repertoire.
- Badinerie, From Orchestral Suite No. 2 In B Minor, BWV 1067 B minor
- Bourree II, From English Suite No. 2 In A Minor, BWV 807 A minor
- Gavotte (Musette), From English Suite No. 3 In G Minor, BWV 808 G minor
- Largo, From Concerto For Two Violins In D Minor, BWV 1043 D minor
- March, From Cantata 207A, 'Auf, Schmetternde Tone Der Muntern Trompeten' (Blare Forth, Ye Merry Trumpets), BWV 207A
- Menuetto I And II, From Flute Sonata In C Major, BWV 1033 C major
- Now Thank We All Our God, From Cantata 79, 'Gott, Der Herr, Ist Sonn' Und Schild' (God The Lord Is Sun And Shield), BWV 79
- Pastoral Symphony, From Christmas Oratorio, Part II, BWV 248
- Sarabande, From English Suite No. 2 In A Minor, BWV 807 A minor
- Sarabande, From French Suite No. 1 In D Minor, BWV 812 D minor
- Siciliano, From Flute Sonata In Eb Major, BWV 1031 Eb major
- Sinfonia, From Cantata 156 'Ich Steh' Mit Einem Fuss Im Grabe' (I Stand With One Foot In The Grave), BWV 156
- Sonatina, From Funeral Cantata, 'Gottes Zeit Ist Die Allerbeste Zeit' (God's Time Is Best), BWV 106
- Wir Setzen Uns Mit Tranen Nieder (In Tears Of Grief, Dear Lord, We Leave Thee), From St Matthew Passion, BWV 244
- Sinfonia, From Cantata 29, 'Wir Danken Dir, Gott, Wir Danken Dir' (We Thank You, God, We Thank You), BWV 29