Bach for Banjo
20 Pieces Arranged for 5-String Banjo. Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Arranged by Mark Phillips. Banjo. Softcover. 48 pages. Published by Hal Leonard (HL.701903).
Item Number: HL.701903
ISBN 1617803758. 9x12 inches.
The banjo shares many of the same sonic qualities as a harpsichord, so although it's so closely associated with more homespun genres, the instrument actually lends itself very well to classical music! The pieces in Bach for Banjo are in tablature only with chord symbols, arranged at the beginning to intermediate level for five-string banjo players. As in classical guitar arrangements, the melody and harmony are combined. Most pieces are on facing pages with no page turns required, and beginners can pick through the selections at a slow pace. The book features just the best-known parts of 20 beloved Bach pieces: Air on the G String • Arioso • Minuet in G • Sheep May Safely Graze • Sleepers, Awake • and more.
- Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring
- Keep, O My Spirit
- Air On The G String
- Minuet In G
- Be Thou with Me
- Little Prelude No. 2 in C Major
- Prelude in C Major
- Sheep May Safely Graze
- Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1)
- Cello Suite No. 5, BWV 1011 'Gavotte I'
- Cello Suite No. 6, BWV 1012 'Gavotte I'
- Sleepers, Awake (Wachet Auf)
- Cello Suite No. 3, BWV 1009 'Bourree I'
- Minuet I (Anna Magdalena)
- Prelude (Vln. Partita No.3-Bach)
- Brandenburg Concerto No. 3
Customers Who Bought Bach for Banjo Also Bought: