There are currently no items in your cart.
Ave Maria composed by Josquin Desprez. Edited by Ross Duffin. For mixed choir. Published by Fennica Gehrman (FG.55009-452-9).
This is one of three early renaissance Marian motets, along with Mouton's Nesciens Mater and de la Rue's Gaude Virgo, edited by Ross Duffin. It is a classic example of this great composer's balanced unfolding of motifs, with two-part paired imitation followed by four-voice imitative sections and punctuations in homophony. Especially, striking is the personal supplication at the end, in the words "O rnater dei, memento mei." Fazer Editions of Early Music is a choral series under the editorial supervision of Paul Hillier, founder and artistic director of the renowned Hilliard Ensemble. Although each title in this series is the result of careful scholarly research and is a reliable source for musicologists, the series' main purpose is to make practical performing editions available to choirs and other vocal ensembles. The original C clefs have been replaced by G and F clefs and the note values adapted to conform to modern practice. All the works in the series are intended for mixed voices. Each title includes a lengthy introduction in English and notes on the editorial principles. Where necessary, an English translation of the text and a guide to pronunciation are provided.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: Choir Sheet Music
Ensemble: Mixed Choir Music