Authentic Jazz Play-Along -- It Don't Mean a Thing
10 jazz standards for alto saxophone. Edited by Andy Hampton. Book; CD; Instrumental Series; Play-Along. Authentic Jazz Playalong. Jazz standards, play along. Book and CD. Published by Faber Music (AP.12-057152740X).
Item Number: AP.12-057152740X
ISBN 057152740X. Jazz standards, play along.
Part of the new 'Authentic Jazz Playalong' series, This volume brings together Gershwin, Porter, Ellington and other legends of 20th Century Jazz. "It Don't Mean a Thing" features ten absolute classics of jazz repertoire, idiomatically arranged for the intermediate (grades 4-6) player. Melody, lyrics and chord symbols are provided, offering opportunity for improvisation, with suggested solo phrases notated to aid the beginner. There is also a brief guide/biographical note to each song in the collection In addition, the playalong CD comprises a live trio of piano, bass and drums for truly authentic performance.
- Blues In the Night Composed by Harold Arlen;Lyrics by Johnny Mercer
- Embraceable You Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- How High The Moon Composed by Morgan Lewis;Lyrics by Nancy Hamilton
- I Get A Kick Out Of You Composed by Cole Porter
- I've got you Under My Skin Composed by Cole Porter
- Love Is Here To Stay Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- It Don't Mean a Thing (If it ain't got That Swing) Composed by Duke Ellington;Lyrics by Irving Mills
- Summertime Composed by George Gershwin,Du Bose Heyward,Dorothy Heyward;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- My Funny Valentine Composed by Richard Rodgers;Lyrics by Lorenz Hart
- Someone To Watch Over Me Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin