There are currently no items in your cart.
Askew arranged by Aaron Lington. For big band. Medium to difficult. Score and parts. Published by Walrus Music Publishing (WA.54378).
Up-tempo swinger loosely based on the chord changes of the jazz standard "What's New?" It was recorded by the University of North Texas One O'clock Lab Band on their album Lab 2002, and was awarded "Best Jazz Arrangement" in the 2003 Downbeat magazine Student Music Awards. In addition, it was the 2003 winner of the Sammy Nestico jazz composition competition, sponsored by the USAF Airmen of Note. Improvised solos are written for second alto saxophone and baritone saxophone. Baritone saxophone doubles on bass clarinet. Top note for lead trumpet is a written G3, and top note for lead trombone is a written C2. Baritone saxophone doubles on bass clarinet. Number of brass: 10. 5, 5, 5, G, P, B, D.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Ensemble: Big Band Music