Artie Shaw's Jazz Technic, Book 1 - Scales & Exercises
Scales & Exercises. Method/Instruction; Technique Musicianship; Woodwind - Clarinet Method or Collection. Swing and Technique. Clarinet instruction book. With standard notation and instructional text. 28 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.EL9506).
Item Number: AP.EL9506
ISBN 0769229689. 9x12 inches.
The exercises in this book are designed to help students learn the scales, articulations, technic and style necessary to play in the jazz idiom, particularly in the Big Band or Swing styles.
- Whole Tones
- Whole Tone Exercises
- Throat Tones Studies
- Slurred Semitones In Various Intervals
- Arpeggios and Rhythmic Figures
- Arpeggios in Minor Thirds
- Combination Arpeggios, Scales and Etudes
- High Note Fingerings
- Sample Page from Concerto for Clarinet