Art Songs and Arias
Piano, Voice (Medium Low Voice)
Medium/Low Voice. Composed by Aaron Copland (1900-1990). Boosey & Hawkes Voice. 88 pages. Boosey & Hawkes #M051933945. Published by Boosey & Hawkes (HL.48019434).
Item Number: HL.48019434
ISBN 1423453328. 9x12 inches.
This collection of 24 songs and arias draws on works that span the composer's lifetime, including his early experimental and mature Americana periods. Contents include: Four Early Songs, Twelve Poems of Emily Dickinson, arias from The Tender Land and The Second Hurricane, and more.
- Dirge in Woods
- Old Poem
- Poet's Song
- A Summer Vacation
- My Heart Is in the East
- Why Do They Shut Me Out Of Heaven?
- The World Feels Dusty
- Heart, We Will Forget Him
- Dear March, Come In!
- Sleep Is Supposed To Be
- When They Come Back
- I Felt A Funeral In My Brain
- I've Heard an Organ Talk Sometimes
- Going To Heaven!
- The Chariot
- Ma's Song from The Tender Land
- Fat's Song from The Second Hurricane
- Gyp's Song from The Second Hurricane
- There Came A Wind Like A Bugle
- Nature, The Gentlest Mother