Art Songs and Arias
Piano, Voice (High Voice)
High Voice. Composed by Aaron Copland (1900-1990). Boosey & Hawkes Voice. 96 pages. Boosey & Hawkes #M051933938. Published by Boosey & Hawkes (HL.48019433).
Item Number: HL.48019433
ISBN 1423452720. 9x12 inches.
21 art songs, plus 4 arias in the High Voice volume, or 3 arias in the Medium/Low Voice volume. Art song contents for both High and Medium/Low Voice: Dirge in Woods • Old Poel • Pastorale • Poet's Song • Vocalise • Four Early Songs; Night • A Summer Vacation • My Heart Is in the East • Alone • Twelve Poems of Emily Dickinson (complete; original keys retained for both High and Medium/Low). Arias in the High Voice edition: Laurie's Song (The Tender Land) • Martin's Song (The Tender Land) • The sun is coming up (The Tender Land) • Queenie's Song (The Second Hurricane) • Arias in the Medium/Low edition: Ma's Song (The Tender Land) • Fat's Song (The Second Hurricane) • Gyp's Song (The Second Hurricane).
- Dirge in Woods
- Old Poem
- Poet's Song
- A Summer Vacation
- My Heart Is in the East
- Why Do They Shut Me Out Of Heaven?
- The World Feels Dusty
- Heart, We Will Forget Him
- Dear March, Come In!
- Sleep Is Supposed To Be
- When They Come Back
- I Felt A Funeral In My Brain
- I've Heard an Organ Talk Sometimes
- Going To Heaven!
- The Chariot
- Laurie's Song from The Tender Land
- Martin's Song from The Tender Land
- The sun is coming up from The Tender Land
- Queenie's Song from The Second Hurricane
- There Came A Wind Like A Bugle
- Nature, The Gentlest Mother