Approaching the Standards, Volume 1
Jazz Ensemble E-flat Instruments
E-flat. Composed by Willie L. Hill Jr. Improvisation; Jazz Ensemble Method; Method/Instruction. Jazz Improvisation Series. Jazz; play along. Book & CD. 36 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.SBM00003CD).
Item Number: AP.SBM00003CD
Take advantage of this over-stock pricing while supplies last.
For the "fearful to the fearless," Approaching the Standards is an innovative, user-friendly approach to jazz improvisation. Designed for the individual or group, each of the three volumes of this play-along CD contains eight classic jazz tunes. Each volume features a jazz group demo recorded by top pros in a jazz gig setting, clearly written musical examples, jazz vocabulary, transcription opportunities, informative composer insight, and a useful discography. Everything you need to begin improvising or to improve your jazz skills is included in Volumes 1, 2, and 3, available for C, B-Flat, E-Flat, and Bass Clef instruments. Volume 1 includes: Billie's Bounce * On the Trail * Cantaloupe Island * The Preacher * Summertime * Satin Doll * C Jam Blues * I Got Rhythm.
Recorded Acc. Available.
- I Got Rhythm Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- Cantaloupe Island Composed by Herbie Hancock
- C Jam Blues (Instrumental) Additional credits Duke Ellington
- On The Trail Composed by Ferde Grofe
- Satin Doll (Instrumental) Composed by Billy Strayhorn,Duke Ellington
- The Preacher (Instrumental) Additional credits Horace Silver
- Summertime Composed by George Gershwin,Du Bose Heyward,Dorothy Heyward;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin