There are currently no items in your cart.
Approaching the Standards, Volume 1 composed by Willie L. Hill Jr. Jazz Ensemble. For C Instruments. Improvisation; Jazz Ensemble Method; Method/Instruction. Jazz Improvisation Series. Jazz; play along. Book & CD. 36 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.SBM00001CD).
ISBN 0769292178. Jazz; play along.
For the "fearful to the fearless," Approaching the Standards is an innovative, user-friendly approach to jazz improvisation. Designed for the individual or group, each of the three volumes of this play-along CD contains eight classic jazz tunes. Each volume features a jazz group demo recorded by top pros in a jazz gig setting, clearly written musical examples, jazz vocabulary, transcription opportunities, informative composer insight, and a useful discography. Everything you need to begin improvising or to improve your jazz skills is included in Volumes 1, 2, and 3, available for C, B-Flat, E-Flat, and Bass Clef instruments. Volume 1 includes: Billie's Bounce * On the Trail * Cantaloupe Island * The Preacher * Summertime * Satin Doll * C Jam Blues * I Got Rhythm.
Recorded Acc. Available.
- I Got Rhythm Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- Cantaloupe Island Composed by Herbie Hancock
- C Jam Blues (Instrumental) Additional credits Duke Ellington
- On The Trail Composed by Ferde Grofe
- Satin Doll (Instrumental) Composed by Billy Strayhorn,Duke Ellington
- Summertime Composed by George Gershwin,Du Bose Heyward,Dorothy Heyward;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- The Preacher (Instrumental) Additional credits Horace Silver
Approaching the Standards, Volume 1
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Approaching the Standards, Volume 1
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: C Instrument Sheet Music
Ensemble: Jazz Ensemble Music
Genre: Jazz Sheet Music
Series: Jazz Improvisation Series