Approaching the Standards for Jazz Vocalists
Composed by Willie L. Hill Jr. Improvisation; Method/Instruction; Vocal Method. Jazz Improvisation Series. Jazz; play along; play along. Book & CD. 44 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.SBM00034CD).
Item Number: AP.SBM00034CD
Approaching the Standards for Jazz Vocalists is an innovative, user-friendly approach to vocal jazz improvisation. Designed for the individual or group and male or female vocalists, this book and sing-along CD contains ten classic jazz songs selected from and correlated to Approaching the Standards Volumes 1, 2 and 3. Included are the same essential features as the instrumental books: CD demo, clearly written improvisation examples, jazz vocabulary, transcription opportunities, informative composer insight and a useful discography. Whether beginning their studies or improving their vocal jazz skills, all serious singers must have this book! Titles are: Now's the Time * Satin Doll * Softly, As in a Morning Sunrise * Summertime * I Got Rhythm * Honeysuckle Rose * Tenor Madness * Bye Bye Blackbird * Secret Love * Take the "A" Train.
Recorded Acc. Available.
- Honeysuckle Rose Composed by Thomas "Fats" Waller;Lyrics by Andy Razaf
- Summertime Composed by George Gershwin,Du Bose Heyward,Dorothy Heyward;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- Secret Love Composed by Sammy Fain;Lyrics by Paul Francis Webster
- I Got Rhythm Composed by George Gershwin;Lyrics by Ira Gershwin
- Bye Bye Blackbird Composed by Ray Henderson;Lyrics by Mort Dixon
- Satin Doll (Instrumental) Composed by Billy Strayhorn,Duke Ellington
- Softly, As In a Morning Sunrise Composed by Sigmund Romberg;Lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein
- Take The "A" Train Additional credits Billy Strayhorn,Delta Rhythm Boys