There are currently no items in your cart.
Appassionato composed by Peter Nostrand. For chamber orchestra. Grade 3. Score and set of parts. Published by Imagine Music (IG.OMS128).
Appassionato is a story about the struggle for love. While it was composed in a traditional ABA structure, there are many elements in this composition which are not at all traditional. As the piece awakens, the oboes and flutes seem innocent and coquettish. As orchestral participation grows, one has the sense of an entire field of rich colors growing before our very ears. Enter the piano. Simple, elegant and romantic. Softly supported by the strings, the piano issues an invitation to the winds. They respond cautiously, obviously curious to see what this charming piano has in mind. The strings express an opinion. It's not what the piano wants and he presses harder. The strings and winds question each other, back and forth with triplets. Who is this piano? The mid-section is an announcement by the strings that a love relationship may be in the cards. The piano replies with passion and tenderness. With eighth notes, the strings become entangled with the piano, counseling it, guiding it. The winds using triplets put their two cents on the table. They're not so sure. The piano makes a passionate plea; the strings are supportive. The piano and the winds have a conversation. They finally dance together. In the end, Appassionato is a musical expression of the struggle over whether or not love is worth the risk Sometimes in conflict sometimes in harmony, the piano and winds do unite. Passion has won.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Ensemble: Chamber Orchestra Music
Genre: Classical Sheet Music