There are currently no items in your cart.
Anthology of Italian Opera (Mezzo-Soprano). Composed by Various. For Vocal. Vocal Collection. 312 pages. Published by Ricordi (HL.50484601).
ISBN 0634043870. 9x12 inches.
Every voice studio and serious singer will need these new volumes, which are a happy complement to the G. Schirmer Opera Anthology. This impressive series takes a serious look at opera in Italian, resulting in the largest anthologies of arias ever published devoted to the topic. Arias include the most famous excerpts along with rare beauties. Each aria has been carefully researched and newly engraved. Plot notes and translations are included for all selections. Mozart, Rossini, Donizetti, Bellini, Verdi and Puccini are liberally represented with essential as well as interesting arias. Also included are wonderful Baroque arias by Monteverdi, Cavalli, Handel, Vivaldi and Pergolesi. Beyond Mozart, classical era Italian arias by Gluck, Cimarosa and Paisiello may be found in the compilations. Other 19th and 20th century composers represented are Boito, Catalani, Cilea, Giordano, Leoncavallo, Mascagni, Montemezzi, Ponchielli, Respighi and Wolf-Ferrari. Many of the arias have never before appeared in collections. There are 36-41 arias per volume.
- Sta nell'Ircana pietrosa tana from ALCINA (Handel)
- O pallida, che un giorno from L'AMICO FRITZ (Mascagni)
- Ah! parea che per incanto from ANNA BOLENA (Donizetti)
- Dopo notte from ARIODANTE (Handel)
- Sposa son disprezzata from BAJAZET (Giacomelli)
- Mura felice from LA DONNA DEL LAGO (Rossini)
- Tanti affetti from LA DONNA DEL LAGO (Rossini)
- Tu il cuor mi strazi from EDGAR (Puccini)
- Presti omai from GIULIO CESARE (Handel)
- Il padre adorato from IDOMENEO (Mozart)
- A dio, Roma from L'INCORONAZIONE DI POPPEA (Monteverdi)
- Giusto ciel, in tal periglio from MAOMETTO II (Rossini)
- Addio, o miei sospiri from ORFEO ED EURIDICE (Gluck)
- Bel raggio lusinghier from SEMIRAMIDE (Rossini)
- Oh Patria! - Di tanti palpiti from TANCREDI (Rossini)
- O don fatale from DON CARLO (Verdi)
- Re dell'abisso affrettati from UN BALLO IN MASCHERA (Verdi)
- Stride la vampa from IL TROVATORE (Verdi)
- O mio Fernando from LA FAVORITA (Donizetti)
- Una voce poco fa from IL BARBIERE DI SIVIGLIA (Rossini)
- Se Romeo t'uccise un figlio from I CAPULETI E I MONTECCHI (Bellini)
- Parto, ma tu, ben mio (La Clemenza di Tito)
- Torna di Tito a lato from LA CLEMENZA DI TITO (Mozart)
- Deh, per questo istante solo from LA CLEMENZA DI TITO (Mozart)
- Al suon del tamburo from LA FORZA DEL DESTINO (Verdi)
- Cruda sorte! Amor tirrano! from L'ITALIANA IN ALGERI (Rossini)
- Cari luoghi ov'io passai from LINDA DI CHAMOUNIX (Donizetti)
- Condotta ell'era in ceppi from IL TROVATORE (Verdi)
- Non so piÃ¹ from LE NOZZE DI FIGARO (Mozart)
- Esser madre Ã¨ un inferno from L'ARLESIANA (Cilea)
- Assisa a piÃ¨ d'un salice from OTELLO (Rossini)
- In sÃ¬ barbara sciagura from SEMIRAMIDE (Rossini)
- Acerba voluttÃ from ADRIANA LECOUVREUR (Cilea)
- Non piÃ¹ mesta from LA CENERENTOLA (Rossini)
- Smanie implacabili from COSÃŒ FAN TUTTE (Mozart)
- AnderÃ², volerÃ², griderÃ² from ORLANDO FINTO PAZZO (Vivaldi)
Anthology of Italian Opera
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Anthology of Italian Opera
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Instrument: Voice Sheet Music
Genre: Opera Sheet Music
Series: Best of Voice Solo