There are currently no items in your cart.
Anthology of 20th Century Piano Music
- Look inside(1)
Collection / Songbook
Alfred Masterwork Editions
Anthology of 20th Century Piano Music edited by Maurice Hinson. For Piano. Masterworks; Piano Collection. Alfred Masterwork Edition. 20th Century; Masterwork. Early Advanced; Intermediate; Late Intermediate. Book. 208 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.21442).
ISBN 0739032186. 20th Century; Masterwork.
In the late-19th and 20th centuries, composers produced a wealth of innovative piano music, venturing in new directions and seeking new sounds. The music produced during those transitional years is considered "20th-century music." Works by 37 composers are included in this 208-page comprehensive survey of 20th-century piano music; they range in difficulty from intermediate through early-advanced levels and cover the widest range of styles and idioms from that genre. Dr. Hinson has provided historical and biographical background and performance notes.
- A la Manière de Borodin (In the Style of Borodin) - Valse Additional credits Maurice Ravel
- Approach of the Thunder God Additional credits Arthur Farwell
- The Augmented Triad Additional credits Wallingford Riegger
- Bagatelle [Op. 6, No. 4; Sz. 38:4] Composed by Béla Bartók
- Bear Dance, [Sz. 39: 10] Composed by Béla Bartók
- Brâul (Waistband Dance) Composed by Béla Bartók
- Buciumeana (Dance of Butschum) Composed by Béla Bartók
- Chorale Additional credits Carlisle Floyd
- Clusters and Dots Additional credits Emma Lou Diemer
- Columbine Dances - Waltz Additional credits Bohuslav Martinu
- Dancing Demons Composed by Vladimir Rebikov
- Danse de la Poupée (The Doll's Dance) [L. 128] Composed by Claude Debussy
- Evening in the Country Composed by Béla Bartók
- February 15 Additional credits André Previn
- For Johnny Mehegan Additional credits Leonard Bernstein
- Fourth Lyric Piece Additional credits Carlisle Floyd
- Gently, Johnny, My Jingalo Additional credits Nelson Keyes
- A Giddy Girl Additional credits Jacques Ibert
- Gigue Additional credits Emma Lou Diemer
- Homage to Marya Freund and to the Harp Additional credits Virgil Thomson
- In Evening Air Additional credits Aaron Copland
- Irish Tune from County Derry Additional credits Percy Aldridge Grainger
- Jamaican Rumba Additional credits Arthur Benjamin
- Joc Cu Bâtâ (Stick Dance) Composed by Béla Bartók
- Kaleidoscopes, Nos. 9 and 10 Additional credits Benjamin Lees
- La Piccadilly - Marche Additional credits Erik Satie
- The Lake at Evening [Op. 5, No. 1] Additional credits Charles Tomlinson Griffes
- Lento Composed by Igor Stravinsky
- Lento [Op. 35, No. 1] Additional credits Cyril Scott
- The Little Spaniard [Op. 76, No. 1] Additional credits Ignacy Friedman
- Lolly-Too-Dum Additional credits Nelson Keyes
- The Major Second Additional credits Wallingford Riegger
- Mâruntelul (Lively Dance) Composed by Béla Bartók
- Medley (Campfire on the Ice) Additional credits Ross Lee Finney
- Minstrels [L. 117:12] Composed by Claude Debussy
- Mouvements Perpétuels (Perpetual Movements) Additional credits Francis Poulenc
- The New Puppet - Shimmy Additional credits Bohuslav Martinu
- Night Song Additional credits Carlisle Floyd
- O Polichinelo (The Punch Doll) Additional credits Heitor Villa Lobos
- Pe Loc (On the Spot) Composed by Béla Bartók
- Pesante Composed by Igor Stravinsky
- Poargâ Româneascâ (Romanian Polka) Composed by Béla Bartók
- Prelude Additional credits Maurice Ravel
- Prelude in B Minor [Op. 1, No. 1] Additional credits Karol Szymanowski
- Prelude in C Major ("Harp") [Op. 12, No. 7] Composed by Sergei Prokofiev
- Reel - Homage to Henry Cowell Additional credits Lou Harrison
- Ritual Fire Dance Additional credits Manuel De Falla
- Rondo On Argentine Children's Folk Tunes Additional credits Alberto Ginastera
- Sad Moment Composed by Vladimir Rebikov
- Sam Byers: with Joy Additional credits Virgil Thomson
- Sentimental Melody Additional credits Aaron Copland
- Serenade Additional credits Emma Lou Diemer
- Shenandoah Additional credits Nelson Keyes
- The Shy Doll - Chanson Additional credits Bohuslav Martinu
- Siciliana Composed by Igor Stravinsky
- Six Little Piano Pieces Nos. 2 and 6 [Op. 19] Additional credits Schoenberg, Arnold
- Sonatine Bureacratique (Bureaucratic Sonatina) Additional credits Erik Satie
- Sorocaba [Op. 67, No. 1] Additional credits Darius Milhaud
- The Sussez Mummer's Christmas Carol Additional credits Percy Aldridge Grainger
- Tango [Op. 8, No. 2] Additional credits Joaquín Turina
- Ten Bagatelles, Nos. 1 and 9 [Op. 5] Additional credits Alexander Tchérépnin
- The Tides of Manaunaun Additional credits Henry Cowell
- The Tritone Additional credits Wallingford Riegger
- Variations on a Slovakian Folk Tune [Sz. 42:II/5] Composed by Béla Bartók
- Visions Fugitives (Fleeting Visions) Nos. 1 and 5 [Op. 22] Composed by Sergei Prokofiev
- Waltz Additional credits Carlisle Floyd
- The White Peacock [Op. 7, No. 1] Additional credits Charles Tomlinson Griffes
- Young People's Dance - for the Black Keys Additional credits Zoltán Kodály
Anthology of 20th Century Piano Music
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Anthology of 20th Century Piano Music
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instrument: Piano Solo Sheet Music
Genre: 20th Century Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook
Series: Alfred Masterwork Editions