There are currently no items in your cart.
Andrea Chenier (Excerpts from the Opera). Composed by Umberto Giordano (1867-1948). Arranged by Giuseppe Vaninetti and Andrew Glover. Concert band. Gems of the Concert Band Series. Audio recording available separately (item CL.WFR368). Advanced. Score and set of parts. Composed 2010. Duration 8 minutes, 40 seconds. Published by C.L. Barnhouse (CL.012-3902-00).
One of the most dramatic selections ever presented for band, "Andrea Chenier" has been a staple of mature and professional bands for over a century. This intense and exciting work includes some of the most passionate moments from the Italian opera into a breathtaking tour de force for mature bands. Prominently featuring bel-canto solos for euphonium and cornet/trumpet, the gorgeous melodies and dramatic musical climaxes will both thrill and excite performers and audiences alike. This striking new arrangement includes full score, and is carefully re-orchestrated to be more idiomatic to the wind band medium. Not for the faint-of-heart, and musically challenging, "Andrea Chenier" is ideal for experienced bands, and is not to be missed!
About Gems of the Concert Band
A series of transcriptions and other works in varying styles, representative of the programming of the Great American Classic Concert Band era of a century ago, as exemplified by John Phillip Sousa, Edwin Franko Goldman, Karl L. King, and Leonard B. Smith
Excerpts from the Opera
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Excerpts from the Opera
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensemble: Concert Band Music
Genre: Opera Sheet Music
Series: Gems of the Concert Band