And Glory Shone Around
SATB choir, piano (with optional orchestration)
A Christmas Cantata Celebrating Love's Perfect Light. Composed by Lloyd Larson. Arranged by Douglas E. Wagner. Cantatas. Christmas, Sacred. Choral score. Lorenz Publishing Company #65/1993L. Published by Lorenz Publishing Company (LO.65-1993L).
Item Number: LO.65-1993L
With a blending of new melodies and familiar Christmas carols, this work recalls the dark days of anguish for ancient Israel, only to give way to the dawning of a new day of light and love when Christ was born. Through the scripturally based narration and music, singers and listeners are once again invited to the humble birthplace of the Savior. Conceived as a Christmas worship experience, this collaborative work is created by two seasoned veterans of church choral literature: Lloyd Larson and Douglas E. Wagner. The eight choral settings will be quickly mastered by choirs large or small during the busy Advent/Christmas season, and each selection may be utilized individually during the Advent season. The cantata will work successfully accompanied by piano alone or by utilizing the inspired orchestrations of Brant Adams (with live instruments or the fully orchestrated accompaniment CD). The optional inclusion of congregation on familiar carols makes this a truly participatory experience.
- A Stable in Bethlehem Composed by Douglas E. Wagner
- No Candle Was There Composed by Douglas E. Wagner
- The Glory of the Lord Composed by Lloyd Larson
- Who Is This King of Glory Composed by Douglas E. Wagner
- Savior of the Nations Come Composed by Lloyd Larson
- Blessed Are You Composed by Douglas E. Wagner
- Gloria to God Sing Gloria Composed by Lloyd Larson
- Love's Perfect Light Composed by Lloyd Larson