An Introduction to His Piano Works
Solo piano - SMP Level 7 (Late Intermediate)
By Valery Lloyd-Watts. By Frederic Chopin (1810-1849). Edited by Willard A. Palmer. Graded Standard Repertoire; Masterworks; Piano Collection. Alfred Masterwork Library CD Editions. Romantic Period and Method. Collection and examples CD. With standard notation, fingerings, introductory text and performance notes (does not include words to the songs). 64 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.22520).
Item Number: AP.22520
ISBN 0739036858. 9x12 inches.
Known as a "pianist's composer," Chopin's love, passion and devotion to piano music resulted in more than 200 compositions. This collection contains the more accessible pieces which still have vivid melodies and lush harmonies. The Alfred Masterwork Library CD Editions conveniently combine each exceptional volume with a professionally recorded CD that is sure to inspire artistic performances.
This title has selections that range in difficulty from SMP Level 6-7.
About SMP Level 7 (Late Intermediate)
4 to 5-note chords in both hands and scales in octaves in both hands.
- Waltz in A Minor (Posthumous)
- Albumleaf (Posthumous)
- Mazruka in C Major, Op. 67, No. 3 (Posthumous)
- Cantabile in Bb Major (Posthumous)
- Polonaise in Bb Major (Posthumous)
- Prelude in A Major, Op. 28, no. 7
- Mazurka in G Minor, Op. 67, No. 2 (Posthumous)
- Prelude in E Minor, Op. 28, No. 4
- Mazurka in A Minor, Op. 67m No. 4 (Posthumous)
- Largo in Eb Major (Posthumous)
- Mazurka in F Major, Op. 68, No. 3 (Posthumous)
- Polonaise in G Minor
- Mazurka in bb Major, Op. 7, No. 1
- Prelude in B Minor, Op. 28, No. 6
- Waltz in Ab Major, Op. 69, No. 1 (Posthumous)
- Nocturne in C Minor (Posthumous)
- Polonaise in Ab Major (Posthumous)
- Waltz in b Minor, Op. 69, No. 2 (Posthumous)
- Prelude in C Minor, Op. 28, No. 20 (Posthumous)