There are currently no items in your cart.
Amygdala composed by Elliot Sharp. Edited by Marco Cappelli. For Guitar. First Performance: November 27th, 2003 Teatro Delle Palme, Napoli. Modern. Advanced. Sheet Music. Duration circa 11 minutes. Published by Edition Peters (PE.P68186).
ISBN M-3007-5540-3. Modern.
Amygdalae are the almond-shaped groups of neurons located deep within the medial temporal lobes of the brain that play a primary role in the processing and memory of emotional reactions. This work, inspired by these primeval responses, include 'unique (for the guitar) aesthetic goals' that involve tapping of the guitar in combination with harmonics, bending and glissando, as well as the use of overtone sweep mute and harmonic chords. Measures ('modules') are repeated for designated time spans. Improvisation is an important element, as the final page includes eight modules that the performer is to repeat and move between freely for as long as desired. Includes detailed performance notes and instructions explaining the uncommon guitar techniques used in the work.
Published in conjunction with Mode Records: Mode 157 - EXTREME GUITAR PROJECT (Marco Cappelli, guitar). From the liner notes of the CD: 'During May and June of 2002, Italian guitarist Marco Cappelli spent time in New York City. While there, he became involved with the NYC avant-garde scene--internationally known as Downtown Music--in which composers/ improvisers coming from avant-garde jazz, experimental rock, as well as from academic music, created a common musical language. These experiences and influences inspired Cappelli to a new idea and concept: to make a 'musical photograph' of the Downtown musical scene through the commission of guitar pieces. And so the concept of 'extreme guitar' was born.'.
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: Guitar Sheet Music