There are currently no items in your cart.
American Banjo: Three-Finger and Scruggs Style edited by Steve Garner. For Banjo (5-String). Saddle-stitched, Transcribed Solos. Smithsonian/Folkways. Bluegrass. Beginning-Intermediate. Book. 74 pages. Published by Mel Bay Publications, Inc (MB.97307).
ISBN 9780786651276. Bluegrass. 8.75 x 11.75 inches.
A massive collection of transcriptions representing the history of three-finger style five-string banjo playing up to the style!s culmination with Earl Scruggs coming on the scene. This is a one-of-a-kind resource containing 49 transcriptions beginning with some of the style's earliest forms up through those that approach the fully developed Scruggs style. These solos, written in easy-to-read tablature, are also a great source of beginner to intermediate level arrangements that players will want to learn. Players will gain a deeper understanding of the structure as well as the significance of the Scruggs Style of banjo playing.
These note-for-note transcriptions serve as a companion to the CD recording of the same title featuring such players as Snuffy Jenkins, Larry Richardson, Joe Stuart, Smiley Hobbs, Junie Scruggs, Mike Seeger, Eric Weissburg, Pete Kuykendall, Veronica (Roni) Stoneman Cox, and more. These field recordings were made on location in the hills and hollers of the Appalachian region in the late 1950's by Mike Seeter. Songs, forty-nine in all, includes favorites like Cripple Creek, Home, Sweet Home, John Henry, Liza Jane, Lonesome Road Blues, Sally Goodin, Turkey in the Straw,Wildwood Flower, and many more. * Massive collection of transcriptions representing the history of three-finger style five-string banjo playing * Great source of beginner to intermediate level arrangements players will want to learn * Written in easy-to-read tablature * Includes many banjo favorites performed by a variety of skilled players * Players will gain understanding of the structure and significance of Scruggs Style banjo playing.
- Big Eared Mule
- Bucky Mule
- Bugle Call Rag
- Cackling Hen
- Careless Love
- Chicken Reel
- Cotton Eyed Joe
- Cripple Creek
- Cumberland Gap
- Dear Old Dixie
- Don't Let Your Deal Go Down
- Down the road
- Ground Hog
- Hard Ain't It Hard
- Hey, Mr. Banjo
- Home, Sweet Home
- I Don't Love Nobody
- Irish Washerwoman
- Jenny Lynn
- Jesse James
- John Henry
- Kansas City Kitty
- Little Maggie
- Little Pal
- Liza Jane
- Lonesome Road Blues
- Pig In A Pen
- Rosewood Casket
- Ruben's Train
- Sallly Goodin
- Sally Ann
- Shortening Bread
- Spanish Fandango
- Take Me Back to the Sweet Sunny South
- Train 45
- Turkey In The Straw
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
- Under the Double Eagle (backup only)
- Wildwood Flower
American Banjo: Three-Finger and Scruggs Style
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
American Banjo: Three-Finger and Scruggs Style
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Instrument: 5-String Banjo Sheet Music
Format: Collection / Songbook