Piano Accompaniment, Voice
Baritone/Bass. Composed by Various. Edited by Philip Brunelle. Boosey & Hawkes Voice. Play Along. Softcover with CD. 166 pages. Boosey & Hawkes #M051933662. Published by Boosey & Hawkes (HL.48018055).
Item Number: HL.48018055
ISBN 0634087762. 9x12 inches.
The Boosey & Hawkes catalog is one of the greatest treasures of contemporary American vocal literature. This major new series celebrates greatness in American opera, with arias from Carlisle Floyd's Susannah, Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress, John Adams' Nixon in China, Leonard Bernstein's Trouble in Tahiti, Dominick Argento's Postcard from Morocco, and other operas by Argento and Floyd, Jack Beeson, Ned Rorem and other American composers.
American Arias is suitable for professional and college-level singers, ideal for recitals and auditions, and an essential resource for the study of the American opera repertoire. The series presents many arias that have never been published outside of the original complete vocal scores. There are approximately 20 arias per volume. Each collection includes commentary on the operas and arias, and a CD of recorded piano accompaniments.
- A Simple Song (MASS)-Leonard Bernstein
- Dewain's Song of Liberation and Surprise (I WAS LOOKING AT THE CEILING...)-John Adams
- Shake the heavens (EL NINO)-John Adams
- Dawn Air (EL NINO)-John Adams
- News Aria (NIXON IN CHINA)-John Adams
- Chou En Lai's Epilogue (NIXON IN CHINA)-John Adams
- The Boor's Aria (THE BOOR)-Dominick Argento
- Casanova's Final Air (CASANOVA'S HOMECOMING)-Dominick Argento
- Sly's Aria (CHRISTOPHER SLY)-Dominick Argento
- Metatron's Sermon (THE MASQUE OF ANGELS)-Dominick Argento
- Ralph's Letter-Ballad (THE SHOEMAKER'S HOLIDAY)-Dominick Argento
- Simon's Aria (THE SHOEMAKER'S HOLIDAY)-Dominick Argento
- The Lecturer (A WATER BIRD TALK)-Dominick Argento
- Prescription for Living (DR. HEIDEGGER'S FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH)-Jack Beeson
- The Gambler's Song (HELLO OUT THERE)-Jack Beeson
- There's a law (TROUBLE IN TAHITI)-Leonard Bernstein
- Rucker's Sermon (COLD SASSY TREE)-Carlisle Floyd
- I've known I've loved you (COLD SASSY TREE)-Carlisle Floyd
- George's Aria (OF MICE AND MEN)-Carlisle Floyd
- Sleep, conscience, sleep (THE PASSION OF JONATHAN WADE)-Carlisle Floyd
- Hear me, O Lord (SUSANNAH)-Carlisle Floyd
- Single bed blanket (WILLIE STARK)-Carlisle Floyd
- We all come out of the earth (WILLIE STARK)-Carlisle Floyd
- I've got a ram, Goliath (THE DEVIL AND DANIEL WEBSTER)-Douglas Moore
- I cannot still the echo (THE ROBBERS)-Ned Rorem
- Nick Shadow's Aria (THE RAKE'S PROGRESS)-Igor Stravinsky