Piano Accompaniment, Voice
Tenor. Composed by Various. Edited by Philip Brunelle. Boosey & Hawkes Voice. Play Along. Softcover Audio Online. 80 pages. Boosey & Hawkes #M051933655. Published by Boosey & Hawkes (HL.48018054).
Item Number: HL.48018054
ISBN 0634087541. 9x12 inches.
The Boosey & Hawkes catalog is one of the greatest treasures of contemporary American vocal literature. This major new series celebrates greatness in American opera, with arias from Carlisle Floyd's Susannah, Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress, John Adams' Nixon in China, Leonard Bernstein's Trouble in Tahiti, Dominick Argento's Postcard from Morocco, and other operas by Argento and Floyd, Jack Beeson, Ned Rorem and other American composers.
American Arias is suitable for professional and college-level singers, ideal for recitals and auditions, and an essential resource for the study of the American opera repertoire. The series presents many arias that have never been published outside of the original complete vocal scores. There are approximately 20 arias per volume. Each collection includes commentary on the operas and arias, and a CD of recorded piano accompaniments.
- Gondolier's Song (CASANOVA'S HOMECOMING)-Dominick Argento
- Will ye but listen? (CHRISTOPHER SLY)-Dominick Argento
- Valentino's Aria (THE DREAM OF VALENTINO)-Dominick Argento
- Man with a Paint Box Aria (POSTCARD FROM MOROCCO)-Dominick Argento
- Lute Song (THE SHOEMAKER'S HOLIDAY)-Dominick Argento
- Midnight, bells striking midnight (THE VOYAGE OF EDGAR ALLAN POE)-Dominick Argento
- Have mercy on my life (THE VOYAGE OF EDGAR ALLAN POE)-Dominick Argento
- Martin's Song (THE TENDER LAND)-Aaron Copland
- O moon whose bees are stars (MEDEA)-Jacob Druckman
- The damned do not cry (MOURNING BECOMES ELECTRA)-Marvin David Levy
- Ballad of Ravenshead (RAVENSHEAD)-Steven Mackey
- Scratch's Aria (THE DEVIL AND DANIEL WEBSTER)-Douglas Moore
- Samuel's Aria (THREE SISTERS WHO ARE NOT SISTERS)-Ned Rorem
- Here I stand (THE RAKE'S PROGRESS)-Igor Stravinsky