Piano Accompaniment, Voice
Soprano. Composed by Various. Edited by Philip Brunelle. Boosey & Hawkes Voice. Play Along. Softcover Audio Online. 144 pages. Boosey & Hawkes #M051933631. Published by Boosey & Hawkes (HL.48018052).
Item Number: HL.48018052
ISBN 0634087339. 9x12 inches.
The Boosey & Hawkes catalog is one of the greatest treasures of contemporary American vocal literature. This major new series celebrates greatness in American opera, with arias from Carlisle Floyd's Susannah, Stravinsky's The Rake's Progress, John Adams' Nixon in China, Leonard Bernstein's Trouble in Tahiti, Dominick Argento's Postcard from Morocco, and other operas by Argento and Floyd, Jack Beeson, Ned Rorem and other American composers.
American Arias is suitable for professional and college-level singers, ideal for recitals and auditions, and an essential resource for the study of the American opera repertoire. The series presents many arias that have never been published outside of the original complete vocal scores. There are approximately 20 arias per volume. Each collection includes commentary on the operas and arias, and a recording of piano accompaniments that are accessed online via download or streaming.
- Magnificat (EL NINO)- John Adams
- This is prophetic! (NIXON IN CHINA)-John Adams
- The Widow's Aria (THE BOOR)-Dominick Argento
- Sabrina's Aria (COLONEL JONATHAN THE SAINT)-Dominick Argento
- Allegra's Aria (COLONEL JONATHAN THE SAINT)-Dominick Argento
- I see in you a looking glass (MISS HAVISHAM'S FIRE)- Dominick Argento
- Lady with a Hand Mirror Aria (POSTCARD FROM MOROCCO)-Dominick Argento
- Virginia's Aria (THE VOYAGE OF EDGAR ALLAN POE)-Dominick Argento
- Queenie's Song (THE SECOND HURRICANE)-Aaron Copland
- Laurie's Song (THE TENDER LAND)-Aaron Copland
- The sun is coming up (THE TENDER LAND)-Aaron Copland
- Rented rooms (COLD SASSY TREE)-Carlisle Floyd
- Sadie's Lament (SLOW DUSK)-Carlisle Floyd
- Someday I'm sure to marry you (THE SOJOURNER AND MOLLIE SINCLAIR)-Carlisle Floyd
- Ain't it a pretty night (SUSANNAH)-Carlisle Floyd
- The trees on the mountain (SUSANNAH)-Carlisle Floyd
- I should have ended it long ago (WILLIE STARK)-Carlisle Floyd
- No word from Tom...Cabaletta (THE RAKE'S PROGRESS)- Igor Stravinsky
- Mommy, are you here (A QUIET PLACE)-Leonard Bernstein