There are currently no items in your cart.
Alternative Rock (The Best Musicians & Recordings). Book. Softcover. 800 pages. Backbeat Books #0879306076. Published by Backbeat Books (HL.330571).
ISBN 0879306076. 9x12 inches.
This book looks inside the artists and music that transformed the American and British soundscape of the 1980s and '90s. Scene-setting essays – some with interviews of key figures – explore alternative rock's primary influences, from Captain Beefheart to Brian Eno, and its many subgenres, from punk to grunge and Brit pop to trip hop. Reviews and profiles cover over 2,000 recordings and more than 500 musicians, such as The Beastie Boys, The Cure, R.E.M., Marilyn Manson, XTC and hundreds more. This comprehensive guide also examines the cultural scenes, technologies and people behind the alternative sound. From the author of Depeche Mode and Never Fade Away: The Kurt Cobain Story.
The Best Musicians & Recordings
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
The Best Musicians & Recordings
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Format: Collection / Songbook