All Time Klezmers
Clarinet. De Haske Intl Play Along Book. Play Along. 28 pages. De Haske Publications #124605400. Published by De Haske Publications (HL.44006350).
Item Number: HL.44006350
ISBN 9043123307. Play Along. 9x12 inches.
This is a wonderful collection of Klezmer music, inspired by the Jewish dances and songs of the klezmorim from Eastern Europe: from the lyrical Hora to the fast, compelling Freilach. Also audible is the influence of more recent Israeli folk music a la Giora Feidman. Some of the pieces have a second part ad libitum – for laying together or for variation in a repeat. For the accompaniment, chord symbols have been added, and on the enclosed CD there are complete versions as well as play-along versions of all pieces, played live by genuine Klezmer musicians.
- der Mirjambrunnen - After an old fairytale
- Odoms Nechome - Adam's comfort
- Tates Freilach - Freilach for father
- Main Umet - My sorrow
- A Ganef - A swindler
- Nanis Vals - A Waltz for Nani
- Stempenjus Fiedel - A famous Yiddish fiddler
- dudaim - After an old fairytale
- Naftules Freilach - Natule Brandwein-a famous Jewish musician
- di Mechaje - Joy
- Harrys Freilach - Harry Timmermann-a famous Klezmer-Clarinet player in Berlin
- Scholem sol sajn - There has to be freedom
- Lomir Tanzn - Let's dance
- The Ragged Freilach - A Freilach and a Ragtime together
- Mordechaj - Hora for Mordechaj Gebirtig, famous songwriter from Krakau
- Zorres un Masel - Sorrows and luck
- Nigun - A song without words
- Shalom - Freedom-three-part round