There are currently no items in your cart.
Alfred's Teach Yourself Garage Band composed by Mike Lawson. Book; Books and DVDs; DVD; Pro Audio; Pro Audio Textbook; Reference Textbooks. Teach Yourself Series. 80 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.34367).
This book and DVD combo will show you everything you need to know to get started with GarageBand today! Whether you're a beginner with no training, or you have some knowledge of GarageBand and are in need of a refresher course, Alfred's Teach Yourself GarageBand is the perfect resource. You'll learn how to optimize your Mac, work with MIDI, choose an audio/MIDI interface, select microphones, use loops, edit audio, and create a great sounding final mix. When you're finished with this course, you'll be able to record, edit, mix, and send your songs out for the world to hear via the web or on CD. The provided DVD contains over 100 minutes of video and clearly demonstrates the essential features of GarageBand with an easy-to-understand approach.
"Best in Show" Award at Winter NAMM 2012 presented by Music Inc. magazine.
About Teach Yourself Series
Be your own teacher, and let Alfred's Teach Yourself series guide you every step of the way. Beginners of all ages can start their journey to a lifetime of musical enjoyment. Each method begins with basic fundamentals, such as hand position, holding the instrument, and getting acquainted with standard musical notation. Then move along to playing well-known songs -- all as you continue to increase your ever-growing ability to read music and understand your instrument. You will learn to play in an array of musical styles, including pop, blues, folk, and more. Alfred's Teach Yourself series opens up a brand-new world of musical knowledge and gives you everything you need to know to start playing now!
- CHAPTER 1: GETTING TO KNOW YOUR MAC
- System Requirements
- *Mini GB lesson: Apple's iLife System Requirements
- CHAPTER 2: MIDI AND GARAGEBAND
- Software Instruments in GarageBand
- CHAPTER 3: AUDIO DEVICES AND GARAGEBAND
- Choosing the Right Audio Device, and a Word About USB v1.1 vs. USB v2
- What Is Different about USB v1, USB 2 and Firewire
- *Mini GB lesson: Summing Up USB/Firewire Choices
- Audio MIDI Setup in MAC OS X
- I Can't See My Audio Device!
- *Mini GB lesson: Likely Reasons You Can't See Your Audio Device
- CHAPTER 4: CHOOSING AND USING MICROPHONES
- *Mini GB lesson: Three Types of Microphones
- Condenser Microphones
- Powering Up the Microphone
- Dynamic Microphones
- Ribbon Microphones
- Why Choose the Condenser Microphone?
- USB Microphones
- Choosing an Audio Interface
- CHAPTER 5: SETTING UP YOUR FIRST SESSION IN GARAGEBAND
- Listen While You Work
- *Mini GB lesson: The Monitor Drop-Down Menu
- Set Up the MIDI Connection
- *Mini GB lesson: If Your MIDI Isn't Working
- Connect Your Audio Device
- Buffer Sizes for Recording and Playback
- Speakers, Headphones, and Listening to Your Recordings
- Metronome and Cycle Recording
- Audio Preview
- Advanced Settings: Maximum Numbers
- Auto Normalize
- Resolution Settings
- My Info
- On to Making Music
- CHAPTER 6: ADDING TRACKS AND TESTING AUDIO/MIDI INPUTS
- *Mini GB lesson: Adding an Audio Track
- Name It Now!
- The Five Buttons on Each Track Are. . .
- Adjusting Track Settings
- Recording Some Test MIDI Data
- Record Some Test Audio
- You Did It!
- *Mini GB lesson: 16 Things About GarageBand You Now Know
- CHAPTER 7: IMPORTING AUDIO LOOPS INTO GARAGEBAND
- CHAPTER 8: WORKING WITH MIDI LOOPS IN GARAGEBAND
- CHAPTER 9: R*E*CORDING YOUR VOCALS
- Recording Levels
- Cycle and Recording Overdubbing
- CHAPTER 10: R*E*CORDING ELECTRIC GUITARS AND BASS
- Finding Your Tone in GarageBand
- CHAPTER 11: ARRANGING YOUR SONG AND USING EFFECTS
- Effects for Your Tracks
- CHAPTER 12: TIPS FOR MIXING IT DOWN!
- CHAPTER 13: SHARE IT WITH THE WORLD!
- Share and Share Alike
- FINAL TAKE
- About the Author
Alfred's Teach Yourself Garage Band
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Alfred's Teach Yourself Garage Band
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Series: Teach Yourself Series