There are currently no items in your cart.
Alfred's Teach Yourself Cubase composed by David Terry. Book; Books and DVDs; DVD; Pro Audio; Pro Audio Textbook; Reference Textbooks. Teach Yourself Series. 80 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.34370).
This book and DVD kit will show you everything you need to know to start using Cubase today! Whether you're a beginner with no prior training, or you have some knowledge of Cubase and are looking for a refresher course, Alfred's Teach Yourself Cubase is the perfect resource. You will learn how to optimize your PC or Mac, work with MIDI, choose an audio/MIDI interface, select microphones, use loops, edit audio, use VST instruments, and create a stunning final mix. By the time you get to the end of the book, you'll be able to record, edit, mix, and send your songs out for the world to hear on the web, on CD, and more. The included DVD features over 110 minutes of video and clearly demonstrates the essential features of Cubase with an easy-to-understand approach.
"Best in Show" Award at Winter NAMM 2012 presented by Music Inc. magazine.
About Teach Yourself Series
Be your own teacher, and let Alfred's Teach Yourself series guide you every step of the way. Beginners of all ages can start their journey to a lifetime of musical enjoyment. Each method begins with basic fundamentals, such as hand position, holding the instrument, and getting acquainted with standard musical notation. Then move along to playing well-known songs -- all as you continue to increase your ever-growing ability to read music and understand your instrument. You will learn to play in an array of musical styles, including pop, blues, folk, and more. Alfred's Teach Yourself series opens up a brand-new world of musical knowledge and gives you everything you need to know to start playing now!
- CHAPTER 1: MAC OR PC?
- *QuickGuide: Cubase 5's System Requirements for Mac
- *QuickGuide: Cubase 5's System Requirements for Windows
- CHAPTER 2: MIDI AND CUBASE
- Software Instruments in Cubase
- CHAPTER 3: AUDIO INTERFACES AND CUBASE
- Choosing the Right Audio Interface, and a Word about USB v1.1 vs. USB v2
- What Is Different About USB v1.1, USB 2 and Firewire
- *QuickGuide: Summing Up USB/Firewire Choices
- Audio MIDI Setup in MAC OS X
- Checking Audio and MIDI devices in Windows 7
- I Can't See My Audio Device!
- *QuickGuide: Likely Reasons You Can't See Your Audio Device
- CHAPTER 4: CHOOSING AND USING MICROPHONES
- Condenser Microphones
- Powering Up the Microphone
- Dynamic Microphones
- Ribbon Microphones
- Why Choose the Condenser Microphone?
- CHAPTER 5: SETTING UP YOUR FIRST PROJECT IN CUBASE
- Physical Connections
- Fire It Up!
- MIDI Test
- Additional Setup
- On to Making Music
- CHAPTER 6: WORKING WITH LOOPS
- Importing a Loop
- CHAPTER 7: R*E*CORDING AND EDITING AUDIO
- Editing Audio
- Snap Modes
- Grid Mode
- Grid Relative
- Multitrack Editing
- Bounce Selection
- CHAPTER 8: WORKING WITH MIDI
- Further MIDI Editing
- CHAPTER 9: VST INSTRUMENTS
- CHAPTER 10: VST PLUG-IN EFFECTS
- CHAPTER 11: MIXING
- Setting Up the Mixer
- *QuickGuide: Typical Mid-Sized Track List
- Groups Channels
- FX Channels
- *QuickGuide: The Steps to Accomplish the Mixdown
- Final Mix
- FINAL TAKE
- About the Author
Alfred's Teach Yourself Cubase
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Alfred's Teach Yourself Cubase
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Series: Teach Yourself Series