Alfred's Teach Yourself Cubase
Composed by David Terry. Book; Books and DVDs; DVD; Pro Audio; Pro Audio Textbook; Reference Textbooks. Teach Yourself Series. 80 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.34370).
Item Number: AP.34370
This book and DVD kit will show you everything you need to know to start using Cubase today! Whether you're a beginner with no prior training, or you have some knowledge of Cubase and are looking for a refresher course, Alfred's Teach Yourself Cubase is the perfect resource. You will learn how to optimize your PC or Mac, work with MIDI, choose an audio/MIDI interface, select microphones, use loops, edit audio, use VST instruments, and create a stunning final mix. By the time you get to the end of the book, you'll be able to record, edit, mix, and send your songs out for the world to hear on the web, on CD, and more. The included DVD features over 110 minutes of video and clearly demonstrates the essential features of Cubase with an easy-to-understand approach.
"Best in Show" Award at Winter NAMM 2012 presented by Music Inc. magazine.
About Teach Yourself Series
Be your own teacher, and let Alfred's Teach Yourself series guide you every step of the way. Beginners of all ages can start their journey to a lifetime of musical enjoyment. Each method begins with basic fundamentals, such as hand position, holding the instrument, and getting acquainted with standard musical notation. Then move along to playing well-known songs -- all as you continue to increase your ever-growing ability to read music and understand your instrument. You will learn to play in an array of musical styles, including pop, blues, folk, and more. Alfred's Teach Yourself series opens up a brand-new world of musical knowledge and gives you everything you need to know to start playing now!
- CHAPTER 1: MAC OR PC?
- *QuickGuide: Cubase 5's System Requirements for Mac
- *QuickGuide: Cubase 5's System Requirements for Windows
- CHAPTER 2: MIDI AND CUBASE
- Software Instruments in Cubase
- CHAPTER 3: AUDIO INTERFACES AND CUBASE
- Choosing the Right Audio Interface, and a Word about USB v1.1 vs. USB v2
- What Is Different About USB v1.1, USB 2 and Firewire
- *QuickGuide: Summing Up USB/Firewire Choices
- Audio MIDI Setup in MAC OS X
- Checking Audio and MIDI devices in Windows 7
- I Can't See My Audio Device!
- *QuickGuide: Likely Reasons You Can't See Your Audio Device
- CHAPTER 4: CHOOSING AND USING MICROPHONES
- Condenser Microphones
- Powering Up the Microphone
- Dynamic Microphones
- Ribbon Microphones
- Why Choose the Condenser Microphone?
- CHAPTER 5: SETTING UP YOUR FIRST PROJECT IN CUBASE
- Physical Connections
- Fire It Up!
- MIDI Test
- Additional Setup
- On to Making Music
- CHAPTER 6: WORKING WITH LOOPS
- Importing a Loop
- CHAPTER 7: R*E*CORDING AND EDITING AUDIO
- Editing Audio
- Snap Modes
- Grid Mode
- Grid Relative
- Multitrack Editing
- Bounce Selection
- CHAPTER 8: WORKING WITH MIDI
- Further MIDI Editing
- CHAPTER 9: VST INSTRUMENTS
- CHAPTER 10: VST PLUG-IN EFFECTS
- CHAPTER 11: MIXING
- Setting Up the Mixer
- *QuickGuide: Typical Mid-Sized Track List
- Groups Channels
- FX Channels
- *QuickGuide: The Steps to Accomplish the Mixdown
- Final Mix
- FINAL TAKE
- About the Author