There are currently no items in your cart.
Alfred's Essentials of Music Theory - Complete (Book/CDs) (Complete). Reference Textbooks; Textbook - General; Theory. Essentials of Music Theory. General Theory. Instructional book (spiral bound) and 2 example CDs. Introductory text, instructional text, musical examples and glossary. 120 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.16486).
ISBN 0882849514. With introductory text, instructional text, musical examples and glossary. General Theory. 9x12 inches.
The most complete music theory course ever! This all-in-one series includes concise lessons with short exercises, ear training activities and reviews. Available in three separate volumes or as a complete set, the Essentials of Music Theory series also offers (available separately): Ear Training CDs (performed by acoustic instruments), a Teacher's Answer Key Book, reproducible Teacher's Activity Kits, Bingo Games, Flash Cards and Computer Software.
- Unit 1
- Lesson 71: The Blues Scale
- Ear Training for Lessons 68-71
- Review of Lessons 68-71
- Unit 18
- Lesson 72: Basic Forms of Music---Motive and Phrase
- Lesson 73: AB (Binary) Form
- Lesson 74: ABA (Ternary) Form
- Lesson 75: Rondo Form
- Ear Training for Lessons 72-75
- Review of Lessons 72-75
- Glossary & Index of Terms & Symbols
- Lesson 1: The Staff, Notes and Pitches
- Lesson 2: Treble Clef and Staff
- Lesson 3: Bass Clef and Staff
- Lesson 4: The Grand Staff and Ledger Lines (the middle notes)
- Lesson 5: Ledger Lines (low and high notes)
- Ear Training for Lessons 1-5
- Review of Lessons 1-5
- Unit 2
- Lesson 6: Note Values
- Lesson 7: Measure, Bar Line and Double Bar
- Lesson 8: 4/4 Time Signature and Note Values
- Lesson 9: Whole, Half and Quarter Rests
- Ear Training for Lessons 6-9
- Review of Lessons 6-9
- Unit 3
- Lesson 10: 2/4 Time Signature
- Lesson 11: 3/4 Time Signature
- Lesson 12: Dotted Half Note
- Lesson 13: Ties and Slurs
- Ear Training for Lessons 10-13
- Review of Lessons 10-13
- Unit 4
- Lesson 14: Repeat Sign, 1st and 2nd Endings
- Lesson 15: Eighth Notes
- Lesson 16: Eighth Rests
- Lesson 17: Dotted Quarter Note
- Ear Training for Lessons 14-17
- Review of Lessons 14-17
- Unit 5
- Lesson 18: Dynamic Signs
- Lesson 19: Tempo Marks
- Lesson 20: Articulation
- Lesson 21: D.C., D.S., Coda and Fine
- Ear Training for Lessons 18-21
- Review of Lessons 18-21
- Unit 6
- Lesson 22: Flats
- Lesson 23: Sharps
- Lesson 24: Naturals
- Lesson 25: Whole Steps, Half Steps and Enharmonic Notes
- Ear Training for Lessons 22-25
- Review of Lessons 22-25
- Unit 7
- Lesson 26: Tetrachords and Major Scales
- Lesson 27: The Sharp Scales---G and D Major
- Lesson 28: The Flat Scales---F and B-flat Major
- Lesson 29: Key Signatures---The Sharp Keys
- Lesson 30: Key Signatures---The Flat Keys
- Ear Training for Lessons 26-30
- Review of Lessons 26-30
- Unit 8
- Lesson 32: The Remaining Major Scales with Key Signatures
- Lesson 32: Chromatic Scale
- Lesson 33: Intervals
- Lesson 34: Circle of Fifths
- Ear Training for Lessons 31-34
- Review of Lessons 31-34
- Unit 9
- Lesson 35: Perfect and Major Intervals
- Lesson 36: Minor Intervals
- Lesson 37: Augmented and Diminished Intervals
- Lesson 38: Solfege and Transposition
- Ear Training for Lessons 35-38
- Review of Lessons 35-38
- Unit 10
- Lesson 39: Sixteenth Notes
- Lesson 40: Sixteenth Rests
- Lesson 41: Dotted Eighth Notes
- Lesson 42: Common Time and Cut Time (Alla Breve)
- Ear Training for Lessons 39-42
- Review of Lessons 39-42
- Unit 11
- Lesson 43: 3/8 and 6/8 Time Signatures
- Lesson 44: 3/8 and 6/8 Time Signatures at Fast Tempos
- Lesson 45: Eighth Note Triplets
- Lesson 46: Incomplete Measures (Pick-up Notes) and Syncopation
- Ear Training for Lessons 43-46
- Review of Lessons 43-46
- Unit 12
- Lesson 47: Triads
- Lesson 48: Primary and Major Triads
- Lesson 49: Scale Degree Names
- Lesson 50: The V-7 (Dominant 7th) Chord
- Ear Training for Lessons 47-50
- Review of Lessons 47-50
- Unit 13
- Lesson 51: Triads---1st Inversion
- Lesson 52: Triads---2nd Inversion
- Lesson 53: V-7 Chords---1st, 2nd and 3rd Inversions
- Lesson 54: Figured Bass
- Lesson 55: Major Chord Progressions
- Ear Training for Lessons 51-55
- Review of Lessons 51-55
- Unit 14
- Lesson 56: Minor Scales
- Lesson 57: Natural, Harmonic and Melodic Minor Scales
- Lesson 58: Minor Triads
- Lesson 59: Augmented and Diminished Triads
- Ear Training for Lessons 56-59
- Review of Lessons 56-59
- Unit 15
- Lesson 60: The Primary Triads in Minor Keys
- Lesson 61: Minor Chord Progressions
- Lesson 62: Modes Related to the Major Scale: Ionian, Mixolydian, and Lydian
- Lesson 63: Modes Related to the Minor Scale: Aeolian, Dorian, Phrygian, Locrian
- Ear Training for Lessons 60-63
- Review of Lessons 60-63
- Unit 16
- Lesson 64: Harmonizing a Melody in a Major Key
- Lesson 65: Broken Chords and Arpeggiated Accompaniments
- Lesson 66: Passing and Neighboring Tones
- Lesson 67: Composing a Melody in a Major Key
- Ear Training for Lessons 64-67
- Review of Lessons 64-67
- Unit 17
- Lesson 68: Harmonizing a Melody in a Minor Key
- Lesson 69: Composing a Melody in a Minor Key
- Lesson 70: 12-Bar Blues Chord Progression
Alfred's Essentials of Music Theory - Complete (Book/CDs)
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Alfred's Essentials of Music Theory - Complete (Book/CDs)
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More by this Composer: Andrew Surmani Sheet Music
Series: Essentials of Music Theory