There are currently no items in your cart.
Alfred's Essentials of Music Theory, Book 2 by Andrew Surmani and Morton Manus. Reference Textbooks; Textbook - General; Theory. Essentials of Music Theory. Book. 40 pages. Published by Alfred Music (AP.17232).
Alfredâ€™s Essentials of Music Theory is designed for students of any age, whether listeners or performers, who want to have a better understanding of the language of music. In this all-in-one theory course, you will learn the essentials of music through concise lessons, practice your music reading and writing skills in the exercises, improve your listening skills with the available ear-training CDs (sold separately), and test your knowledge with a review that completes each unit. Computer software is also available with randomized drilling of the material and scorekeeping.
Book 2 (Lessons 25-50):
Tetrachords & Major Scales
Intervals, Circle of Fifths
Perfect, Major & Minor Intervals
Augmented & Diminished Intervals
SolfÃ¨ge & Transposition
Sixteenth Notes & Rests
Dotted Eighth Notes & Eighth Note Triplets
Common Time & Cut Time
3/8 & 6/8 Time Signatures
Pick-up Notes & Syncopation
Primary & Major Triads
Scale Degree Names
Dominant 7th Chord
The complete line of Alfredâ€™s Essentials of Music Theory includes Student Books, a Teacherâ€™s Answer Key, Ear-Training CDs, Double Bingo games, Flash Cards, Reproducible Teacherâ€™s Activity Kits, and interactive software for students and teachers in private study, studio and network environments.
- Unit 7
- Lesson 26: Tetrachords and Major Scales
- Lesson 27: The Sharp Scales---G and D Major
- Lesson 28: The Flat Scales---F and B-flat Major
- Lesson 29: Key Signatures---The Sharp Keys
- Lesson 30: Key Signatures---The Flat Keys
- Ear Training for Lessons 26-30
- Review of Lessons 26-30
- Unit 8
- Lesson 32: The Remaining Major Scales with Key Signatures
- Lesson 32: Chromatic Scale
- Lesson 33: Intervals
- Lesson 34: Circle of Fifths
- Ear Training for Lessons 31-34
- Review of Lessons 31-34
- Unit 9
- Lesson 35: Perfect and Major Intervals
- Lesson 36: Minor Intervals
- Lesson 37: Augmented and Diminished Intervals
- Lesson 38: Solfege and Transposition
- Ear Training for Lessons 35-38
- Review of Lessons 35-38
- Unit 10
- Lesson 39: Sixteenth Notes
- Lesson 40: Sixteenth Rests
- Lesson 41: Dotted Eighth Notes
- Lesson 42: Common Time and Cut Time (Alla Breve)
- Ear Training for Lessons 39-42
- Review of Lessons 39-42
- Unit 11
- Lesson 43: 3/8 and 6/8 Time Signatures
- Lesson 44: 3/8 and 6/8 Time Signatures at Fast Tempos
- Lesson 45: Eighth Note Triplets
- Lesson 46: Incomplete Measures (Pick-up Notes) and Syncopation
- Ear Training for Lessons 43-46
- Review of Lessons 43-46
- Unit 12
- Lesson 47: Triads
- Lesson 48: Primary and Major Triads
- Lesson 49: Scale Degree Names
- Lesson 50: The V-7 (Dominant 7th) Chord
- Ear Training for Lessons 47-50
- Review of Lessons 47-50
- Glossary & Index of Terms & Symbols
Alfred's Essentials of Music Theory, Book 2
- Explain exactly why you liked or disliked the product. Do you like the artist? Is the transcription accurate? Is it a good teaching tool?
- Consider writing about your experience and musical tastes. Are you a beginner who started playing last month? Do you usually like this style of music?
- Feel free to recommend similar pieces if you liked this piece, or alternatives if you didn't.
- Be respectful of artists, readers, and your fellow reviewers. Please do not use inappropriate language, including profanity, vulgarity, or obscenity.
- Avoid disclosing contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), or including URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- We cannot post your review if it violates these guidelines. If you have any suggestions or comments on the guidelines, please email us.
- All submitted reviews become the licensed property of Sheet Music Plus and are subject to all laws pertaining thereto. If you believe that any review contained on our site infringes upon your copyright, please email us.
Alfred's Essentials of Music Theory, Book 2
Tell a friend (or remind yourself) about this product. We'll instantly send an email containing product info and a link to it. You may also enter a personal message.
We do not use or store email addresses from this form for any other purpose than sending your share email.
Now you can also view your purchased titles on your iPad with our
free Sheet Music Plus Digital Print Viewer app.
With Digital Print, you can print from your computer immediately after purchase, or wait until its convenient. And our software installation is easy - we'll guide you through the simple steps to make sure you have Adobe Flash Player, Adobe AIR and the Sheet Music Plus AIR application on your computer.
See all System Requirements for Digital Print
Note: Our Digital Print items are purchased solely through our website. By purchasing a Digital Print item, you are authorized by the publisher to print out the purchased number of copies for that particular title. Thus, we are unable to fax, mail or email digital titles in any form or file format (including PDF) as it violates copyright law.
Google Chrome Users: The most recent Google Chrome update is not compatible with Adobe AIR. We recommend using an alternate browser (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox) in order to download Adobe AIR and print your music.
Digital Print - Available Instantly!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More by this Composer: Andrew Surmani Sheet Music
Series: Essentials of Music Theory